5/5/2011 Valve update crash fix

Announcements relating to Kigen's Anti-Cheat.
Loco

Re: 5/5/2011 Valve update crash fix

Post by Loco »

Hello, Kigen!
Source code of KAC is no longer available?
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

I believe Kigen has retired for the evening/morning.
silentbr

Post by silentbr »

Hi Kigen

Thanks for your great job and your updates, it was quickly ;) but my server is running the latest version and still crashing.

By the way, I defended you in AlliedModers, the moderator was very stupid. My post there http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.p ... tcount=123

I just can say thank you, without your plugin mys servers is not saved against attacks.

Good job mate. Thank God we have Kigen in the community.
GAVVVR

Post by GAVVVR »

DL link doesn't work for me
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the SourceMod version of KAC has been pulled.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I just hope that global banlist doesnt go anywhere, if it gets pulled i want the list to ban them all myself.

and btw, If I won powerball crap I would pay kigen to do this full time. he really does deserve a lot of donations...
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Pablo wrote:I just hope that global banlist doesnt go anywhere, if it gets pulled i want the list to ban them all myself.
Not going anywhere.
Pablo wrote:and btw, If I won powerball crap I would pay kigen to do this full time. he really does deserve a lot of donations...
That would be very nice. :)
needarideyo

Post by needarideyo »

I have to agree with the "stay away from AlliedMods" thing. Got banned from the forums permanently for some dumbass reason (seriously, it was pretty damn retarded)

Tried contacting the guy who banned me to see if we could work past our problems, and see if I could be unbanned. He ignored me. So I contacted one of the "head" guys at AlliedMods through e-mail. Explained the situation, asked to be unbanned so I could get help with a plugin I was making, etc. Got a response from him which basically said "From what I see, I don't think you'll be making any worth-while contributions, blah blah blah". Replied to that e-mail, explaining what I was working on and needed help with at the time. Never received a reply from him again.

Pardon my french, but f*ck AlliedMods. FlaminSarge, MechaTheSlag, Toazron and Noodleboy347 are cool. I thoroughly enjoyed FlaminSarge's Give Weapon plugin, I'm waiting for Mecha to release Advanced Weaponiser, Toazron created an awesome Donator interface, and Noodleboy347's Premium Mod is what got me hooked on coding plugins. The rest of the community is f*cked in the head, and the admins have their heads up their asses.

Now, I really hope someone who knows SourceMod inside and out can take over further development of KAC for SourceMod, as my TF2 server is running on SourceMod. I'd do it, but I'm at the level of "I want to make a plugin that does <something>. Find a plugin on AlliedMods that does something similar to <something>. Rip code from that plugin and throw together a plugin".

Kigen, keep up the excellent work. (By the way, have you ever thought of turning these forums into part-KAC, part-SourceMod/AMX help forums? I'm pretty sure we could snag alot of A+ coders from AlliedMods who are probably sick of AM, and it would give those of us who got banned from AM another place to go to get help with our coding issues)
asherkin

Post by asherkin »

needarideyo wrote:I have to agree with the "stay away from AlliedMods" thing. Got banned from the forums permanently for some dumbass reason (seriously, it was pretty damn retarded)
Please, at least have the courtesy to include you AlliedModders username so it can be verified.
I can only think of one person you could be, and that situation was nothing like you describe.
Just trying to keep the facts straight here, I have no problem with criticism, as long as it's not based on lies.
dataviruset

Post by dataviruset »

needarideyo wrote: Now, I really hope someone who knows SourceMod inside and out can take over further development of KAC for SourceMod, as my TF2 server is running on SourceMod. I'd do it, but I'm at the level of "I want to make a plugin that does <something>. Find a plugin on AlliedMods that does something similar to <something>. Rip code from that plugin and throw together a plugin".
If you're on Kigen's side you don't rip code ;)