5/5/2011 Valve update crash fix

Announcements relating to Kigen's Anti-Cheat.
Kigen
Site Admin

5/5/2011 Valve update crash fix

Post by Kigen »

KAC 1.2.1.8 emergency patch released.

This update to KAC fixes 5/5/2011 crashes with kill, spectate, team switching.

Manual download URL:
http://www.kigenac.com/KACSM/1.2/kigen-ac-pub.smx

Auto-update only checks every 4 hours. So anyone wishing for immediate effect is advised to download this update and install it manually.
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: 5/5/2011 Valve update crash fix

Post by Kigen »

KAC update 1.2.1.9 pushed for developers.

Replacement native for ForcePlayerSuicide created.

Put this at the top of your source file with the includes.

Code: Select all

native KAC_ForcePlayerSuicide(target);
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Thank you for the incredibly fast update Kigen.
I read your last post over at AlliedModders ... lol

Update:
Ouch I see you got banned from alliedmods.
Ares_Veteran

Post by Ares_Veteran »

nightrider wrote:Ouch I see you got banned from alliedmods.
Happily it's only temporary. Kigen dont give up, we are with you. Thank you for your fast work!
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Unfortunately, this will be my last update to the SourceMod version of KAC.

I will no longer be using SourceMod.

This hypocritical bullshit over GPL license has gotten out of hand. Asherkin himself released closed sourced binaries when he is required by GPL to release source code. And this has been going on for months.
Last edited by Kigen on Mon May 09, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This statement is now inaccurate, see new Announcements for further information.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

I have replied to the topic at Alliedmods with this information.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Just to note. KAC is not dead. I will just find another avenue to release it in though.

I would recommend all would-be developers to avoid SourceMod, you'll save yourself a ton of trouble.
Last edited by Kigen on Mon May 09, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This statement is now inaccurate, see new Announcements for further information.
asherkin

Post by asherkin »

Asherkin himself released closed sourced binaries when he is required by GPL to release source code.
Where? I'll happily correct the situation, not that I'm aware one exists.
I will no longer be using SourceMod.
If you know (or a willing to learn) C++, MM:S is a safe platform for server plugins that doesn't have the GPL requirement.
Despite everything that's happened, I have no problems with helping out if you're interested.
The only reason I never offered when you posted your 'looking for developers' announcement ages ago is the time commitment, I code only in my free time.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

I was told by other that you do it sometimes. Regardless, I didn't check it out for myself as I was banned from AM forums anyway.

Right now I think I'll avoid AlliedModders work like the plague. Everything about AM just screams "stay away" at this point. First that big problem over me asking for donations. Then this all happens within 30 minutes of me releasing a hotfix.

I'll make a full plan on what I'll do later. But at this point in time I wish to rest and relax. This issue is frustrating to hell because some people just annoy me to death since they wish to jack my code.

Also, I never violated GPL license. You might wish to review what the license states.
databomb wrote:Although instantaneous disclosure of source code is nice and well enforced through such features as the web compiler here on the AM community, it's by no means required by the GPL version we're using. As long as there's a way to get the source then it's fine ( in this case, simply asking would've sufficed) .. This whole debacle over a mere half hour of non-disclosure is ludicrous.
Last edited by Kigen on Mon May 09, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asherkin

Post by asherkin »

I was told by other that you do it sometimes. Regardless, I didn't check it out for myself as I was banned from AM forums anyway.
So instead you chose to just slander me?
Please, since you seem to have worked out you can logout and view the board since you quoted databomb, could you try to find where so I can resolve the situation asap. Or at least tell me who told you so that I can resolve it with them, I don't want someone going around saying that.
Also, I never violated GPL license. You might wish to review what the license states.
Both dvander and Fyren have quoted the GPLv3 when questioned about license issues with plugins, which is you were clearly in breach of, as Fyren pointed out on the bug report.
http://svn.alliedmods.net/viewvc.cgi/tr ... =sourcemod
Also, what databomb said about only having to provide it when asked, you need to include an offer for the code at least, not just ignore it.

I've just been told, and confirmed myself, that you've removed the Google Code repository.
Can you please tell me where I can access the current code for the binary you are distributing at http://www.kigenac.com/KACSM/1.2/kigen-ac-pub.smx