Got banned. But why?

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
AssKickR

Got banned. But why?

Post by AssKickR »

Hi,

i got banned on a Server which is using your KAC Tool. But i dont know why. I´m playing there for over three years now, without any problems.

The Admin told me the following: KAC: ConVar r_drawothermodels violation. What does this mean?

The only thing i changed, was re-installing CSS, due to problems with the updates (had lots of laggs). After speaking with the serveradmins, they told me to change the cl_interp to a lower value. Since three days i played with different values, at the end always with 0.04 instead of 0.10, got best results with this setting. Is this maybe the problem?

Thanks, Benny
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Got banned. But why?

Post by nightrider »

Steam Id ?
AssKickR

Post by AssKickR »

Oh, yes, sorry forgot my Steam ID and its for CS:S

STEAM_0:1:16609538

@oneshot23
So the admins from the server i allway play can lift my ban by themself? They said i´ve been banned by KAC and they can not remove me.

Wall Hack, ok. Maybe this is then a problem from the KAC Tool? On the Server i play, cheats are not enabled and so its not possible to change this value. As i wrote before, i only changed the cl_interp value and it was a clean new Installation over STEAM, without any custom config.

I think the KAC made a false ban in this case. Maybe the KAC detected a violation because of the low cl_interp value, so that the KAC thought i am using a wall hack.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

AssKickR
STEAM_0:1:16609538

Checking 'STEAM_0:1:16609538'...
Steam ID is NOT banned.

Your ban is a local server ban & not on the KAC global ban list.
Please contact the local server provider.

~ Locked

--------------------------------------------------------------
oneshot23, jakefortminor
Your posts have been soft deleted as you are not directly involved in this Protest.

Read the Protest Section Guidelines
http://kigenac.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=146

and I quote the first rule ...

1. Do NOT post in protest threads unless you are directly involved.