Hat off to-ya.

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
dagg929

Hat off to-ya.

Post by dagg929 »

Just want to throw out a sincere thanks to Kigen for making an uber anti-cheat, from ]TPG[. Although a few get by, it does catch most.
We're now running it on all of our servers, and it's been nabbing people left and right, www.totalpunishmentgaming.com/sourcebans

So hats off to-ya Kigen, and thanks.
Frag| Canuck

Re: Hat off to-ya.

Post by Frag| Canuck »

Im not going to make a second post expressing my appreciation for the hard work you have done. I have had the plugin running successfully on 3 of my Source servers for 4 hours. You have already caught 4 hackers. I was very skeptical about the plugin, but now I am almost beside myself at what you have created! :D

EDIT: During this post, your plugin caught 2 more... So make it 6!

A couple quick notes for those who run Sourcebans. Integration is seemless with version 1.4.0 (sourcebans version). It shows up as CONSOLE banning them, but a quick fix using phpmyadmin and editing the name of the console admin to KAC Anti-Cheat Plugin did the trick to at least give Kigen credit for the ban.

Our community thanks you!

Our site is located at: http://www.fragaddiction.com/sourcebans

Thanks again!

FraG| Canuck
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Hat off to-ya.

Post by Kigen »

Your welcome. :) My job will be complete once cheating is removed from multiplayer games. :D So I have a ways to go.

But just to let you guys know, you control the bans that exist on your SourceBans. I don't control them. The bans I control are those that are in the KAC global banlist which affects all KAC protected servers.

bancheck.php

That URL above is a online utility to check if a certain Steam ID is on the banlist. Format: STEAM_0:X:XXXXX