Banned

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
Stichz

Banned

Post by Stichz »

Hello, a few days ago I was playing Team Fortress 2 on a server where I had been playing for a little while now, there was no one on the server at the time so I was just jumping around testing a new spray I had made.
Then when I was about to leave the server and go look at the commentary levels (I had never looked at them before and was curious) I got kicked from the server and it said I was banned, so I went to look it up on the servers website and they linked me to a site that told me I was banned for : KAC: ConVar sv_cheats violation.

I can admit I'm not the most tech savvy person so I had no clue what that meant, I assumed it meant the console thought I was cheating in someway, but I can assure you I was not cheating or hacking or anything of the like, to be quite honest I have no Idea how (never looked it up and don't plan on it, the game is perfectly fine the way it is in my opinion).
I posted on their forums asking about it and they sent me here. I was hoping you could at least give me some insight on what happened.

Hoping to resolve this as I really enjoyed playing on that server.
I have checked it on this site and it says the ID is not banned, is it possible to only be banned from the one server?
I have also not had any problem getting onto other servers I normally play on.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18743350

nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Banned

Post by nightrider »

The STEAM_0:1:18743350 that you provided

Checking 'STEAM_0:1:18743350'...
Steam ID is NOT banned.
Stichz

Post by Stichz »

Is there anyway this might be a bug? only seems to happen on the one server.

If you check their ban list http://torontodarkly.ca/bans/ it says I've been banned by KAC
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

You need to contact the owner of that server. We cannot help as we do not have access to logs or any other relevant information.

~Locked