Question about KAC

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
.sin

Question about KAC

Post by .sin »

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong area..

Well anyways, some admins on my clans server have friends who "play in leagues" and claim they "dont hack" which when I spectate them, looks like obvious walling, so I would like to put Kac on the server to eliminate them, anyways

heres my question, will Kac work with the mani admin/meta mod source combo or do I have to use source mod for it? also would it be a bad idea to use mani admin/meta mod source/source mod just for kac? I use mani admin cause thats what all my admins are familiar with, although switching shouldnt pose as too big a problem

thanks, regards..
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Question about KAC

Post by Kigen »

SourceMod is flexible because it is just a API, its the plugins in SourceMod that make an admin mod.

If you wish to keep your current setup then just load SourceMod and empty out the "plugins" folder and then just put KAC there.
.sin

Post by .sin »

Kigen wrote:SourceMod is flexible because it is just a API, its the plugins in SourceMod that make an admin mod.

If you wish to keep your current setup then just load SourceMod and empty out the "plugins" folder and then just put KAC there.
Thanks for the info and the development for this, now will it ban hackers as soon as they join or let them "pwn" first? also will it catch some private cheats that vac may not?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

It detects hacks through impossible behaviors. This is to say, KAC is not fool-proof, however it can detect hacks that VAC does not and some private cheats.

KAC was primarily designed for public servers so your usage may vary. I have, however, heard of it detecting cheating by people during scrims and even league play (a DoD:S league used to use KAC as their anti-cheat).

In 1.2.0 as soon as KAC detects the cheat they will be banned.
coach

Post by coach »

I use it on all our Scrim & Pub servers.

I also use it in our DODS League that we run as well as any other measures available to me.

It has been good in catching people so far. 8-) :D
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I use it on our scrim servers (TF2), we have gotten a few people so far..