Ban Appeal

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
Apexplyr

Ban Appeal

Post by Apexplyr »

Hey, I would like to say I have been playing CS:S for a while and it is still one of my favorite games. But a few months ago, I started getting this "you are KAC banned." message when i tried to join some servers. The only time i have ever been banned before was from the noobisland servers for disagreeing with the admin there, and that is the only reason I can think I am kac banned. Maybe you picked up their ban list as your own? I don't know.

I simply have to say that I have never cheated or download ANY 3rd party software for CS:S. (I did the TF2 idler thing and I played ut2004 demo off of a flash drive that had a something hackish on it and thats about it on my cheating career) I am also avidly against cheating, posting demos on other forums, etc...

(I used the ut2004 demo to play at school off of the said flashdrive)

I know I have never cheated but if this scan says I did then you guys might want to take a look at it for i know its wrong. And if it picked up something in a hidden folder on a flash drive then that is a darn good scanner, but sadly, the thing in question had nothing to do with counter strike.

Everything stated above is the honest truth as I know it.

Thanks,
Zack STEAM_0:1:10857537

Edit: Looking around the site it seems that this kac thing isnt counter strike specific. So if i logged onto steam and played on a friends computer in a lan game then I could have been banned that way? This is very disheartening.

Back @ the flash drive with the ut2004 demo hack on it: But why would I be steam banned for something off of a non steam game? Does the program just see an ip and ban everything associated with it?
Last edited by Apexplyr on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by nightrider »

KAC does not look at IP address, it is strictly STEAM ID based.

I checked the provided Steam ID against the ban list.
I don't have any details on your ban, but it appears valid.

Checking 'STEAM_0:1:10857537'...
Steam ID is on the banlist.
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Kigen »

Due to the logging blackhole of the past I cannot find records for this ban.

So it will be lifted. However I suggest you don't cheat at all as cheats often contain code to steal Steam accounts.