Banned Account Recovered.

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
Smokie

Banned Account Recovered.

Post by Smokie »

KAC Team,

I have recently recovered my account after a year of inactivity. During that time, my account was hijacked and used. It took the last 2 days getting it back but Steam just sent the email this morning. I started playing and jumped on a couple of servers, until one was KAC secured and claimed I was banned. Having no notion of ever encountering your team, or your anti-cheating system, I have to come to ask, Why am I banned?

If you need further proof of recovery, I will gladly send you the emails and anything else you need from the Steam Support Team. Please look into it.

STEAM_0:0:14043473

Thanks.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Banned Account Recovered.

Post by nightrider »

Checking 'STEAM_0:0:14043473'...
Steam ID is on the banlist.

I have checked the provided Steam ID and it appears to be a valid ban.
I have no details on your ban other than this.
Smokie

Post by Smokie »

Ok, um well honestly that doesnt help much because I already knew I was banned. >.< Probably wouldnt be posting if I wasnt. You can get any proof you want, I saved all the emails from the Steam Support and my IP doesnt match the banned ip (However this method is pretty irrelevant, but I've seen it used when people attempt to claim their innocence). I havent been on steam for a year and a half ;S.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

The information I provided is correct and the Steam ID is banned by KAC.
The ban is most likely a valid ban unless Kigen reply's blackout period information.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

I'm sorry, but unfortunately we cannot unban you due to your account being hijacked as we do not know who was using it at the time and have no way to verify it.

I have looked up the KAC ban and it is valid from last year. I apologize but the ban will remain, you'll need to get a new Steam ID in order to play on KAC protected servers.

~Locked