Eye Angles Violation

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
Rambomst

Eye Angles Violation

Post by Rambomst »

What exactly is Eye Angles Violation all about? Someone on my server got banned for an eye angle violation and is contesting the ban and I can't find any record of it in my KAC.log file and was wondering what it is and how it is associated with hacking/cheating.

*edit*

I ended up looking around and finding out what eye angles is all about but for some reason KAC isn't logging its bans and kicks n what not in the KAC.log file. This only happens on one of my servers I have 3 in total and the other 2 are fine.
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Eye Angles Violation

Post by Kigen »

Check the permissions? It might the that KAC can't create the log due to file permissions.
Rambomst

Post by Rambomst »

It has the correct perms, it was logged at one point in time but then all of a sudden it stopped and I don't remember changing any settings.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

KAC always logs. It would have to be SourceMod or SRCDS preventing KAC from logging then.

The logs should also be duplicated in normal SourceMod logs.
Rambomst

Post by Rambomst »

I looked through the SM logs and after the 15th of this month all bans/kicks stopped displaying in the logs it still displayed the version check which is bellow.

Code: Select all

L 10/17/2009 - 22:32:59: [kigen-ac-pub.smx] Checking version....
L 10/17/2009 - 22:32:59: [kigen-ac-pub.smx] Connected to KAC Master, requesting update.
L 10/17/2009 - 22:33:00: [kigen-ac-pub.smx] Sending version 1.2.0.1 to KAC Master.
L 10/17/2009 - 22:33:00: [kigen-ac-pub.smx] Received that KAC is up-to-date.
and in my SM logs it showed all other SM activity.