Newbie Users Guide

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
doble-V

Re: Newbie Users Guide

Post by doble-V »

Kigen wrote:However, it is impossible to cover them all from within SourceMod.
I agree, like everyone, cheats and anticheats are something that moves in parallel with a slight advantage for infractors.

We dont wanna ban every custom cfg users, but I understand some ilegal ConVars = cheat!! and we are working to delete that (cheats/illegal cfgs) from our server. Everyone playing even.
After to checked KAC´s sourcecode I understand this: KAC restrict these illegal ConVars that make the cheats works and
the other considered illegal but they do their work for themselves like a cheat. (true or false?) (sound very novice but by understanding the things I need to go slowly)
I looked for a while the file that contained the illegal ConVars to see if we could change until I realized that was included in the source code. For which the file should be changed if KAC.smx update. :D
coach wrote:There are quite a few commands in the KAC cvars that have been permitted in competitions before
What Cvars? I have DodS server too and I think "cheat" all that lead to some players over others except ping :D.Example: A lot of ppl dont see smoke or the objects where we can cover from fire and they used that Cvars from a lot years ago and i think they are in advance from other default players.....
coach

Post by coach »

No problems I will add it to my other servers. Thanks.

soundscape_flush is a common command that are in a lot of player cfg's. This has caused me the most problems being the one command that has banned a lot of players. I even inadvertently had it in one of my cfg's & had to remove it. :roll: :D
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

I'll change how KAC interprets soundscape_flush to prevent future problems with said command.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Update made to the beta to change this behavior in KAC.

KAC will simply block the usage of soundscape_flush rather than initiating a ban for it.

Hell, one server has already updated to 1.1.9.3 less than a minute after I updated the version info into the KAC master server.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

A second server just updated. :D
doble-V

Post by doble-V »

Awesome, :D Faster than Fast food :D
I will go to update my server :D (10 seconds) :lol: :lol:

Nice job dude, thx a lot :)
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

You're not part of the beta you ain't got anything to update. :(
doble-V

Post by doble-V »

:oops: No problem I read wrong
It is still a good job and I managed to learn some things.
1.- Cvars that can interpret or may contain exploits........
2.-
3.-
4.-
5.- I need to greatly improve my English :lol:
coach

Post by coach »

Kigen wrote:Update made to the beta to change this behavior in KAC.

KAC will simply block the usage of soundscape_flush rather than initiating a ban for it.

Hell, one server has already updated to 1.1.9.3 less than a minute after I updated the version info into the KAC master server.
Excellent job. All my servers are running the Beta now & have updated. I think one of my servers was the first to update as I was adding them just prior to your post. 8-) ;)