What do you suggest?

Make suggestions about futures features here.
Kigen
Site Admin

What do you suggest?

Post by Kigen »

Hello,

As the title state I'd like to know what everyone thinks would be a useful feature for KAC to add. If you got any suggestions it'd be much appreciated if you posted them here. If you got multiple suggestions please rank them in order of importance to you.

Thanks,
- Kigen
vintage
Translator

Re: What do you suggest?

Post by vintage »

Hu what a huge question... :)

What could be our wishes...
1) for european servers: is the need of KAC global banlist to be on ?
Cause I think most cheaters are from America on this list.
And they don't play much here.. lol
Or the capacity to upload to banlist (but this subject was on previoulsly and I understand that it could happened some false positive)
2) A real anti wallhack without too much CPU use ? With anti-aimbot ? but light as a beer without alcohol... :mrgreen:
3) I play first (and always) DoDs; Our problem is more, at this time, from "pro cfg players" whith cvars not cheat but very unfair that give advantage...
There is this plugin dod_block_exploit (http://www.dodsourceplugins.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67). It find often but not all...
Some improvement in cvar control could be ok. I know there is kac_add_cvar (but as I don't the cvars I can't add them !!)

And finally
4) Perhaps to get out of Sourcemod and be (as DBlocker) a standalone anticheat ?

For the rest I had never problems with KAC (running fine) but no cheaters detected for long...

5) Go on the job Kigen !
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

vintage wrote:Hu what a huge question... :)

What could be our wishes...
1) for european servers: is the need of KAC global banlist to be on ?
Cause I think most cheaters are from America on this list.
And they don't play much here.. lol
Or the capacity to upload to banlist (but this subject was on previoulsly and I understand that it could happened some false positive)
2) A real anti wallhack without too much CPU use ? With anti-aimbot ? but light as a beer without alcohol... :mrgreen:
3) I play first (and always) DoDs; Our problem is more, at this time, from "pro cfg players" whith cvars not cheat but very unfair that give advantage...
There is this plugin dod_block_exploit (http://www.dodsourceplugins.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67). It find often but not all...
Some improvement in cvar control could be ok. I know there is kac_add_cvar (but as I don't the cvars I can't add them !!)

And finally
4) Perhaps to get out of Sourcemod and be (as DBlocker) a standalone anticheat ?

For the rest I had never problems with KAC (running fine) but no cheaters detected for long...

5) Go on the job Kigen !
  1. I suggest leaving it on. Doesn't harm you in anyway either way. But there are a ton of German cheaters on the list. Most blocks come from Euro servers.
  2. I'm planning on releasing a new version soon that will completely redo the Eyes module. Still don't know the effect on CPU. Either way though I'm hoping its not as high a requirement on CPU as it is right now. However, it will always have a higher CPU usage than normal.
  3. I'm planning to redo the way CVars load. To make it more easy for me to update the CVars list and to also make it more easy for a server operator to edit the list to their liking. I'll also see if I can't include some DOD:S specific exploit fixes.
  4. I will still continue with a MM:S version. More interfaces and functions are available to me than within the confines of SourceMod. Plus, KAC would run more efficiently than it does within SM.
  5. Thanks. :D Its always nice to know someone appreciates your work.
matrixmark

Post by matrixmark »

forum suggestion lol after my recent problems...

Maybe we could revamp the section where we download KAC from.

I recently had to redo all my servers due to HD failure and came here to download KAC. It's probably just me but I found it really difficult to find where the correct download place is and the version to use....

idk might just be me but ya :D
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

matrixmark wrote: Maybe we could revamp the section where we download KAC from.
Done. :D
matrixmark

Post by matrixmark »

Yay!!! thanks Kigen, much easier to find (for noobs like me :D:D)
Jonzky

Post by Jonzky »

I'd assume as far as CVAR detection goes there is not much left to improve on. Have you considered whole-new modules to the AC such as an anti-aimbot one?

Also, I am not too sure on the logistics behind something like this but would it be possible check if a client has access to a function (as I assume that most cheats/hacks now rename the sv_cheats and others to things like _sv_cheats), if there was a way to check to see if the client had access to specific actions such as wireframe then take any action as needed?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

I have considered new modules. However, I looked into anti-aimbot but SourceMod does not provide enough to do it. (Obviously, I mean a true anti-aimbot. Not those snap detectors.)

Not without a client-side patch or program. The only thing that can also be checked from the server is existence of commands. But that would be if they don't change their name. (i.e., this was how I detected LUA scripters before)
Jonzky

Post by Jonzky »

Have you thought about a file-consistency module?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

I have. However, this is not possible from SourceMod. The most I could do is make a sv_pure file and turn on sv_pure.