Donations Idea

Post your support questions here. Please search before asking a question.
GeNeRaLbEaM

Donations Idea

Post by GeNeRaLbEaM »

Hi Kigen,

maybe it is Possible for you to write a little php Script on the main Bar, showing how much is donated and how still left for the month. 90% of peple doesn`t know that you need some donations.
I have just seen it because I was hanging around on your Page.

... like you said, most people install Kigen and there you go. Nobody visits the Page. With the autoupdate function they don`t have a reason to visit the page. We must change this.

I would love to help you.
In the second Part it would be interesting not take donations. Thinking mainly about to sell licenses.
Like people pay 12 $ for a yearly license. The Idea behind :

writing a script with Database connection.
People can visit : kigenac.com and write their Server IP and Pay.
Database unlocks the connection. Connection Check if server has a license.
Maybe : One License for each Gameserver ? And so on ....
If the server license is not paid : Ingame Message like :
Your License for KigenAC has expired. This server is not protected against Cheats.--> Deactivate Kigen.

I know that this is not your prior Idea ... but believe me. Nobody will pay .. if it is for free.
And you just animate the same people to make donations. What about the rest.

I write you this because I cannot write in the donations thread.

Yours GeNeRaLbEaM

PS. Maybe some other people like this Idea. It would be much better than let this project die.
pickles

Re: Donations Idea

Post by pickles »

If KAC was a paid subscription I'd take a guess it wouldn't be as popular because all other anti-cheats right now are free to download and use.

The first idea would be cool though :).
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

lol 12 dollars each from over 3000 servers and kigen is rich!
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

I wish. :P

Anyhow, I've been considering how I should proceed with the project as this is getting too expensive on my end.
GeNeRaLbEaM

Post by GeNeRaLbEaM »

That is the point Kigen.

There is no reason to make funny at. If you calculate. Kigen pays 300$/Month for the Master Server.
This make yearly 3600 $ . 3000 Server you can also take 2 $ and it would be still enough and much more than expected.
And Kigen could make Holidays @ Bahamas.

I think this is very realistic. You could also say : 5$ for a yearly license for a root Server. (the IP) Doesn´t matter how much servers.Sure it would be better without ppl forcing to pay. I would first try it with Payment status bar and a better positioned PayPal Button. It is much better than begging here around for some bucks.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Kigen wrote:I wish. :P

Anyhow, I've been considering how I should proceed with the project as this is getting too expensive on my end.
What specifically are your hardware and network requirements for supporting KAC ?
johndoe

Post by johndoe »

Personally I do not want added text in game. :|
But I would be happy to pay $10 to $25 for a yearly license (I think that is a great IDEA!)

I too would like to know What specifically are the hardware and network requirements
I would be happy to donate the needed bandwidth to run this forum and file downloads

I have and will continue to Donate to Kigen, but there is no way I can come up with $300 a month
and I don't think it all should be left to Kigen, so GeNeRaLbEaM THANKS for your post and IDEAs

Kigen I am all for the yearly license IDEA

ALso: maybe a Free version that spams the server?
xXJokerXx

Post by xXJokerXx »

Why do you need a *Master server*. Do it without. Simply Make people update it manually. That will remove global bans but who cares. They'll still get banned on any other kac server. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

I wonder if it would be possible to have KAC use a swarming network system.
All servers act like a node on the network to share the global ban list data in encrypted form.
No need for a centralized server to host the ban list.
lhffan
Translator

Post by lhffan »

sounds like an interesting idea