Wrongful Banning

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
Syko

Wrongful Banning

Post by Syko »

I recently posted on this forum to get a ban revoked. A ban that I have done nothing to deserve.

I have never cheated, hacked, glitched, botted or used any other method to change game performance. I happen to love playing on KAC servers due to the hackers getting subdued so we can actually play our games. I own Counter-Strike: Source, L4D, L4D2 AND TF2. So why would I even think about cheating? That's over $100 in games, I'd rather that not all go to waste.

However, even though its the lowest regarded evidence in the matter, all I have is my word. That I didn't cheat or hack in any way shape or form.

Although it could have something to do with a different problem I've been having, when I go to join a server in CS:S. My latency is nice and healthy (50-100) then after I click 'Join Game' my latency flies up to 2000 and sticks. Might this be the problem? Could KAC think I'm using a lag-switch or something?

An unban would be greatly appreciated, also any help on the latency matter would be incredible too.
rapt0r

Re: Wrongful Banning

Post by rapt0r »

asherkin

Post by asherkin »

First off, a note to Nightrider and Kigen. Sorry for breaking the rules, but I'm getting fed up with people re-posting their threads after getting it locked. So I present here, my research, in a nice, single, easy to delete post. Hopefully save one of you two the time of day. Also, I think reposts should be fair-game :P.

Syko, a quick search of your SteamID instantly reveals the ban from n00bSalad that instigated your global KAC ban.

Here it is for reference.

I hope you don't deny that that is the SteamID you posted in your original thread, and SourceBans even gives a convenient link to your Steam Community page, where even your forum name matches. I'd say your off to a not so great start at this point.

After this, we get to the reason it can't have been you cheating when you were banned:
Okay, I haven't played CS:S in a few months now.
Invoked on: 10/08/09 13:57
I'd say 7 months is more than a 'few', so that's that debunked.

Then of course, we get to the ban reason:
Reason: KAC: ConVar sv_consistency violation
That one's pretty self-explanatory. Your client returned an illegal value for the (cheat-protected) console variable sv_consistency.

A cheat included with a malicious skin pack? Possibly.
A cheat you installed to use those 'must-have' skins? Possibly.

Still Cheating? Definitely.
Syko

Post by Syko »

asherkin wrote:First off, a note to Nightrider and Kigen. Sorry for breaking the rules, but I'm getting fed up with people re-posting their threads after getting it locked. So I present here, my research, in a nice, single, easy to delete post. Hopefully save one of you two the time of day. Also, I think reposts should be fair-game :P.

Syko, a quick search of your SteamID instantly reveals the ban from n00bSalad that instigated your global KAC ban.

Here it is for reference.

I hope you don't deny that that is the SteamID you posted in your original thread, and SourceBans even gives a convenient link to your Steam Community page, where even your forum name matches. I'd say your off to a not so great start at this point.

After this, we get to the reason it can't have been you cheating when you were banned:
Okay, I haven't played CS:S in a few months now.
Invoked on: 10/08/09 13:57
I'd say 7 months is more than a 'few', so that's that debunked.

Then of course, we get to the ban reason:
Reason: KAC: ConVar sv_consistency violation
That one's pretty self-explanatory. Your client returned an illegal value for the (cheat-protected) console variable sv_consistency.

A cheat included with a malicious skin pack? Possibly.
A cheat you installed to use those 'must-have' skins? Possibly.

Still Cheating? Definitely.

It would have to be something with skin packs. I download additional skins for just about every game I play that can support them (CS:S, L4D, L4D2). Is that still a permaban offense? Seems kinda harsh if so. since I didn't intentionally cheat. As stated in the previous topic, I just reformatted my computer so those skins are no longer on the hard drive.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Skins packs themselves do not cause a ban. However, as noted from the ban it was for having a illegal value on a ConVar that is controlled by the engine, sv_consistency. This was set to 0 when it should have been 1. The only way this is possible is if some third party cheat was loaded. This has been proven over and over again.

Again, the ban is valid and will remain forever.

~Locked

p.s., Please read the rules, double protests can earn you a ban from this site.