Hidden LSS file?

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
J00ZE

Hidden LSS file?

Post by J00ZE »

Hello,
I go by J00Ze, and today I was KAC banned. This came as a surprise to me, because I use no scripts, hacks, or anything of that nature. So I come onto this site to do some investigating of how it could of happened. I see multiple people being banned because of something called "LSS". So I open my steam files and start searching. Little do yah know I find a "addons" folder with LSS in it.Is there anyway I could have downloaded a skin or virus that put this into my .cfgs or cstrike folder, because as to my knowledge I have never downloaded a LSS file, script w.e it is. I've downloaded multiple skins for players and weapons, but have never seen this.
My steam id is STEAM_0:1:26349683
I would appreciate this being looked into and fixed as quickly as possible.
Last edited by J00ZE on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zack2020

Re: LSS Virus?

Post by zack2020 »

An LSS Virus dosen't exist. It is very hard for a server to inject LSS onto your PC. If they were going to inject something on to your computer it would be more vulnerable.

Checking 'STEAM_0:1:26349683'...
Steam ID is on the banlist.
Reason: KAC: ConVar openscript violation

http://sb.n00bsalad.net/index.php?p=ban ... 83&Submit=

If you were banned for LSS you will not be unbanned as seen in the LSS Policy ( viewtopic.php?f=9&t=468 ).

Also, Please provide a link for all recent installations, if you have downloaded one.
Last edited by zack2020 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
J00ZE

Re: LSS Virus?

Post by J00ZE »

Not a legit virus I just don't know what else to call it, when you download skins you just drag it the files into your cstrike folder. Thats where I found the LSS file. I didn't install it, so clearly it was brought in through my skins. I couldn't provide a link if I wanted to, my skins have been on for a few months now, and from various sites sorry.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Hidden LSS file?

Post by nightrider »

zack2020
Please refrain from posting in a protest thread as you are not directly involved.
This rule is clearly listed in the protest section guidelines listed here.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=146

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOOZE ...

Checking 'STEAM_0:1:26349683'...
Steam ID is on the banlist.

and yes the ban is listed on n00bSalad Bans
http://sb.n00bsalad.net/index.php?p=ban ... 83&Submit=

Kigen is reviewing LSS policy. Please be patient.
J00ZE

Post by J00ZE »

Yes I play on noobsalad awp server a lot between scrims. Its one of 3 servers I went into that server banned me before I was globally KAC banned.
J00ZE

Post by J00ZE »

Forget it you kids suck at support, just bought CSS on my 7dig so you nazis can have your KAC piece of crap banlist.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

such tempers from cheaters.

173.76.175.153 US UNITED STATES MASSACHUSETTS TEWKSBURY VERIZON INTERNET SERVICES INC
pool-173-76-175-153.bstnma.fios.verizon.net

~ Locked banned