I was banned on my own server?

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
Bouncer

I was banned on my own server?

Post by Bouncer »

I was banned on my own server by KAC

I checked the kac.log in sourcemod/logs and this was the reason....

L 03/07/2010 - 12:44:39: [B-O-G][M]Mr. Bouncer (STEAM_0:1:17768031) attempted to crash this server with dump_entity_sizes.

I don't know what that means but me getting banned on my own server? Sounds pretty funny....(Not trying to show attitude here)

Could someone please check this out? Otherwise I'd have to remove KAC from our servers. If you need me to prove that I am the owner of my servers, please tell me how you want me to prove it and I will.

You can also contact me at www.brotherhoodofgamers.com
or brotherhoodofgamers@gmail.com

I was banned on this server: 208.167.224.75:27015 ████►[B-O-G]ROTATION MAPS|!GUNS|INSTANT SPAWN|
In Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat

Hopefully someone can take care of this, Thanks.
Bouncer

Re: I was banned on my own server?

Post by Bouncer »

I went to your banlist checker at http://kigenac.com/bancheck.php and I put in my steam id in there STEAM_0:1:17768031 and it says I am NOT banned, but on my server I am KAC banned, I don't get it? Someone please help me out here.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Checking 'STEAM_0:1:17768031'...
Steam ID is NOT banned.

You ban is not global and is local to your server.
If you are working on your own server and using commands or CVAR's that KAC will flag,
you might want to disable KAC until such time as you are ready for it to be public.
Bouncer

Post by Bouncer »

Thank you...a LOT.

I got scared thinking I was banned now on KAC...which would have upset me A LOT. I never cheated and never willl.. and I know you guys never lift bans anyway regardless of the situation...
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Actually some bans had been lifted during a particular blackout period.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

If I do not have evidence of cheating or KAC malfunctioned I will remove a global ban. However, as you can imagine, I've worked hard to make it so that KAC doesn't have false positives. This is also one of the reasons why only select servers may submit bans to the global banlist. So that if a server owner such as yourself were to mess with stuff it wouldn't cause innocent players to be banned globally, the bans would only be local to your systems so that you can remove the bans instantly.

Also, only cheating bans ever go to the global banlist (with very few exceptions).