Banned when playing on same IP address

Found a bug in KAC? Post it here.
tuck

Banned when playing on same IP address

Post by tuck »

Hey, I run several servers and just recently (sometime within the last month) there's been an issue. If you are in a house with another person using the same IP address and playing TF2, you get banned at map change, It's an IP ban. I thought this was related to a Steam update, but we just got word that apparently someone thinks it's KAC related. Here is a post someone sent me

Kyper wrote:
Having a similar problem, I looked it up and found it was a problem related to the KAC anti cheat plug in/mod/whatever. After a certain amount of time, either myself or my buddy would get disconnected with "Your client has failed to reply to a query in time" or something along those lines. And after a mapchange, both of us would be stuck at the connection screen. After cancelling out, our consoles were filled with "Banned by server" messages. If you encountered those, most likely it was a server mod...

So, is this a KAC issue, or Valve?
Rambomst

Re: Banned when playing on same IP address

Post by Rambomst »

It is related to KAC and the ban is only for 1 min to stop people for spam reconnecting I believe.
coach

Post by coach »

If I am not mistaken a recent update has fixed this issue.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Yes, a recent update disabled the anti-connect spam by default. I left it in so server admins would have the option of using it when they get attacked with a connect spam attack.