non steam games

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
LoneWolf

non steam games

Post by LoneWolf »

First let me say I appreciate the hard work you and others have done and are continuing to do to help provide fair and fun game play in online games.

My problem lies in our clan plays a non-steam game from kumagames.com
It runs on valve engine though... the old HL2 engine. But since it doesn't use or affilliated with steam all steam id's show as "pending"

The problem is that cheat engine is 100% undetectable. We have rented a game server and over the past couple years I have tried numerous server addons and anti cheats trying to find one that will detect cheat engine. I am fairly technical but not advanced so to do so I have downloaded cheat engine and use it when testing anti cheats to try and find one that will detect it on the non-steam game we play.

Your program is the closest I have come to detecting it that will work on our server but now let me get to the problem of the matter.

The non-socket version of KAC is not detecting it. I tried the new KAC Beta version with the socket 3.0 Alpha and this is where I'm unsure if it detected it or just the socket is having a steam pending ID conflict. When I try to join our server with the KAC Beta version with the socket installed and cheat engine was running the first time to test and see if it was going to work on non-steam game. It kicked me and said I was globally banned from all KAC protected servers. I have steam and play some steam games so I came here and checked my steam id and ur ban check says my steam id is not banned. But as I said on kumagames it doesn't use steam id's, it shows all steam id's as "pending"

If it does by IP when steam id ain't present I can privately send u my IP and can we fix mine and then I can use ur new Beta version on our server. If it has to do with the steam id pending and the sockets then I'll have to go back to the drawing board on something that will work on non-steam game. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have beat our heads against the wall for better part of 2 years trying to find a way to detect this damn cheat engine on a non-steam valve engine game.
Thank you.
lhffan
Translator

Re: non steam games

Post by lhffan »

Normal responce.

Kac does not support non steam games. And that might be a problem if it is im/possible for mr.kigen to check your game mod version. So he does not open up an new 'issue' .. problem with allowing 'some' none-steam and disallow some.

But i feel this is rather interesting. There are some mods out there that are "modded"... Im an old cs/dod/dods player and i apreciate new content that are legit. cs/dod are not created by an company it is community based.
lhffan
Translator

Post by lhffan »

Did some googeling.. im pretty wasted but im suggest you to change your password for your account.

Note: Did only do an quick googeling for info. Kumagames is an hoax and steals passwords. If any one have any info about this please correct this post....

bad food and four beers has it tribute. Sorry over and out
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Topic has been moved to General Discussion as it is unrelated to a protest of a ban.
KAC does not work on IP addresses but Steam ID's only
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Thank you night, was not sure about proper place to put post as the question had to do with it showing people on global ban list, but looks like was doing so because of kuma games not correctly using steam id's but rather a modified version of the valve engine which gives every player a pending steam id setting since they don't use steam.

lhffan I haven't a clue what u are rambling about
it is kumagames.com, they offer several free games that run on valve engine but are non-steam. The particular one our clan plays is Mobsters. Most of our members have been using kuma games for years and years.

I guess what I'm asking then is if anyone has any help or suggestions for a server side anti cheat that will detect the client side dll modification that cheat engine can do please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Since it is non-steam VAC and other anti-cheats that I have tried have proved to be pretty useless. I have sourcemod, metamod and have plugins that check client cvar's and etc. But since cheat engine is modifying the client.dll their cvar scans are still showing as correct default on the cvar scans.
Thank You
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

As told everywhere, KAC does not work with no-Steam and I will not make any alterations in a attempt to make it with no-Steam.

~Locked
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

If Kuma Games wishes they can contract me to make a anti-cheat for their game. Although I doubt that would happen. The problem is the authentication method. KAC needs the a Steam ID or a permanent identifier to say one person is different from another. The issue with it is dynamic IPs. Its pretty damn pointless to ban IPs in this world now as most IPs are not static, but dynamic, which means that one day the hacker would be using that IP, then the next some innocent player will be using that IP. But now the server is banning the innocent person because the hacker had that IP in the past. Steam IDs perform the very important role of being a identifier.