Logging blackhole

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
asherkin

Logging blackhole

Post by asherkin »

Kigen, Can you give us rough dates of when this happened? As there seems to be an increasing number of people getting unbanned due to this event.
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Logging blackhole

Post by Kigen »

There were two incidents. Both due to things out of my control. In total it accounts for about 3 months worth of bans.

The first incident occurred because XFactor Servers decided they wanted to cut off hosting since we were considering getting a new host. (Citing a non-existent ToS claiming they had to have 30 days notice, in addition we hadn't sent anything to them saying we were canceling, Derek decided it on his own.)

The second was due to RAID 0 being mis-configured with our new host. Which required a complete wipe to fix.

I have since changed the way KAC logs bans so that it is stored in multiple places to prevent this from happening again. But I can't go back in time and magically get logs that no longer exist.
asherkin

Re: Logging blackhole

Post by asherkin »

I wasn't trying to blame you for it. Hell, I lost 6 months of email due to a RAID misconfig. I was just interested in what kind of time frame this occurred, now I know.