Ban Protest

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
KRey

Ban Protest

Post by KRey »

Hello,
I know I was banned a couple years back, and I believe it was in 2008, though not certain. I was actually using a b-hop script, if I recall correctly, that got me banned. I understand that by cheating you take a chance of being banned. I do feel that, cheating deserves a ban, but having been banned for a few years now, I feel that I have paid my dues. I do apologize for having used something that gave me an advantage, I apologize to the players that I may have offended.

Having said that bit, I noticed that the subforum is called "Protest", so allow me to plead my case. Though gaming can be serious, and is such to many people, it was designed for fun and entertainment purposes. Like all things, it evolved. It went from fun, to competitive, though for some..it just remained fun. I've had my times jotting between the two, but I mainly just play occasionally for fun. Now when you take the chance of cheating, you know there will be consequences, like any other crime. But a permanent ban? Seems a bit drastic to me. Murder will only get you 20 years in prison, depending on variables of course. Even stealing (again dependent on variables) will get you a few days, and perhaps a fine. These are crimes that you go to court for and stand trial. Crimes that are far more atrocious then cheating in a video game. So I ask you, why ban me forever? Games that use KAC, will not last forever, because things evolve. Not everyone has a wallet full of money to just, replace everything on their account for a mistake they have made. I'm not saying do not punish cheaters, but to say that they can't ever play again just does not seem reasonable.

I do hope what I have argued here makes sense, and if I do remain banned, then there is nothing I can do to change that.
STEAM_0:0:26637428

Thanks for you time,
Rey
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Ban Protest

Post by nightrider »

STEAM_0:0:26637428

Checking 'STEAM_0:0:26637428'...
Steam ID is on the banlist.

Invoked on 04/11/10 22:09
Reason KAC: ConVar openscript violation

Banned per the LSS policy posted here

http://www.kigenac.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=468
KRey

Post by KRey »

So I'm just making an assumption that this section really doesn't matter, since you can't really "protest" a ban. Basically if you are on the KAC list, you stay there. Correct?
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Under certain circumstances bans are overturned.
That would be up to Kigen to decide.

As this is an LSS ban it's probably going to remain.
KRey

Post by KRey »

Well is there a way Kigen can look into this case or perhaps a way that I can get into contact with him? I'd really rather not forfeit my case so early, if there's any other way to protest this and perhaps get it overturned, I'd gladly do it.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Your protest thread is open.
No need to contact him separately.

I did check and the Stem ID you provided is on the global ban list.
We don't usually give out specifics on bans more than this.
If the ban is valid it will not be overturned.

I would advise waiting patiently for Kigen reply.