Unban Request

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
MikeGo

Unban Request

Post by MikeGo »

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:11895200

Hello, I'll start off saying this: This isn't so much as a protest, because I know that it wasn't an unjust ban, but rather a plea.
I posted an old appeal on the forums but wasn't really aware of what I was banned for. Now that I do know, I would like to explain.

This was a post on my old appeal when I didn't really know what I did: "You used a Disconnect exploit. Checking 'STEAM_0:0:11895200'... Steam ID is on the banlist. n00bSalad Sourcebans list http://sb.n00bsalad.net/index.php?p=ban ... 00&Submit= Player no nickname present Steam ...

I am by no means a hacker or anything of the sort. How I managed to come by my ban was this:
I became active in some jailbreak community called Angels of Death (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AngelsOfDeathCommunity) and made some friends there. One of them, a guy named Smokey (No longer on my friends list), asked me to help him out with acquiring points on some website where you can earn free stuff by watching their videos (http://lockerz.com/). As a reward for helping him with it, he gave me some LUA script. Since I wasn't really familiar with how these work, I asked something along the lines of "Will this get me banned?". I guess he assumed I was talking about VAC and he said it was safe to use. When I asked him what the script did, he told me to go test it to see. I have to admit I'm pretty idiotic to fall for something like that but I did. I can't change that, but I wish I could. After using the script, I saw what it did and asked him for something else like a BHOP script, since I really had no use for the script he gave me. When I attempted to go back and play on one of my favorite zombie mod servers, owned by a community by the name of PlagueFest, it said I was banned from Kigen Anti Cheat. I have little or no knowledge on things like scripts or hacks, nor do I usually use them (This was the exception I guess). I know it was a huge mistake on my part and ask for some leniency on my ban. I can guarantee if I do receive an unban, nothing like this will ever happen again.

Sincerely,
MikeGo

EDIT: Also, I am willing to have someone look through my computer using TeamViewer if necessary to confirm I have no scripts or hacks.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Unban Request

Post by nightrider »

You already posted under a different user name and were denied on a protest request here.
http://www.kigenac.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=670&p=2820

I see no reason why you should now be unbanned.
The ban was a valid KAC ban.
MikeGo

Post by MikeGo »

I should probably let you know that it was my brother who made that appeal (Thus the grammar and the whole attitude towards the appeal). We used to share the account between ourselves and yes I was the one who was stupid enough to try using that script given to me as a "gift" for helping my "friend" out, not him. He was the one who decided to make the appeal and that's how I figured out why I was banned. I never really made an effort to get an appeal posted due to --see side note--. Since I made that mistake in "testing" it, all I accomplished was ruining my gaming experience since half the servers I try and join now don't allow me to. I understand that it was a valid KAC ban, and I can't justify my actions to say the very least. What I'm asking for is one chance. I guarantee that my computer is clean and I don't have that script anymore, as I have already mentioned. I'm completely willing to have my computer searched through a remote access program such as TeamViewer. I know there is no real reason to unban me, as it was my fault for testing out the script. It wasn't very smart of me to listen and go "test it out" since I wanted to see what it did. Like I said, this is not so much as a protest as it is a plea. It was a mistake on my part to even accept the script in the first place. I am not one of those players who use scripts/hacks to cause others grief and ruin the experience for them. I simply wish to be able to play the game like most other players can without a hassle, considering the majority of server's I attempt to connect to kick me automatically due to this ban.

On a side note: The main reason I didn't attempt to have this appealed before (I know my little brother tried), is because I became involved in a Garry's Mod community called The D3vine. I became a well respected admin there and spent most of my time there in their role play server. I just recently became more active in Counter Strike Source again but I really wish I hadn't accepted that script now, due to the fact that it is causing me all this trouble. Also, if you are wondering if that whole story about The D3vine is true, search up my steam ID in Google. The first few links are for that community's forum.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Valid KAC bans are permanent and cannot be overturned.

You'll need to get a new Steam account in order to play on KAC protected servers again.

~Locked