Unban Request

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
Elegy

Unban Request

Post by Elegy »

Hello! I've been banned from KAC servers for seems like a year or more. I don't know what the reason is since this steam account was originally my brother's account and he quit and gave it to me. This steam account has 1000+ hours of in-game cs:s time.

Anyway, I sincerely apologize for whatever it was that had been done.. It's disappointing that I can't join a lot of my favorite servers, and my friends' servers because I am banned from KAC. I would also like to incorporate KAC on some of my friends' servers that I administrator to keep out of potential hackers (but I can't do that because then I couldn't join the servers).
I'm at a bind for money right now, and I can't afford to pay for new games on a new steam account. Again I am sorry if my brother had cheated, and I'd be really grateful if you all would unban me.

STEAM_0:1:19944026

Thanks in advanced and happy New Year!
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Unban Request

Post by nightrider »

STEAM_0:1:19944026

Checking 'STEAM_0:1:19944026'...
Steam ID is on the banlist.

This is a rather old ban
Invoked on 07/28/09 08:34
Reason Cheating. KAC ID:6.31

6.x - Failure to match plugins convar values list.
is for client convars that don't exist on the server and thus can't be compared.
These generally are cheat convars that, on legit clients, cannot be changed from their default values.

31 "r_skybox"

Trading or transfer of Steam accounts directly violates Steam's terms of service
Elegy

Post by Elegy »

nightrider wrote:Trading or transfer of Steam accounts directly violates Steam's terms of service
Sorry we hadn't known that..although I have payed for everything on this account except for css.
I do not quite understand..Does this mean you can not take me off the banlist? Please please consider it. I am really not in the position to pay another $20 for css. If I can not get removed from the KAC banlist, tough luck on my part. Otherwise I guess I will just have to deal with the lack of unplayable servers and the increasingly common annoyance of hackers.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

It means that trading a Steam account (for money or free) is illegal per the contract the original account owner and you agreed to.

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -WFZC-5519
Buying, Selling, or Trading Accounts wrote:Accounts which have been bought, sold or traded will be disabled. This includes any other accounts in your possession at the time of the sale or trade, regardless of whether those accounts were also sold or not.
This means that VALVe may disable your account and you'll loose all your games (including the ones you payed for).

If you want more information about the status of your Steam account then you should talk to Steam Support. https://support.steampowered.com/

Anyway, the KAC ban will remain.

~Locked