Unfair ban

Protest your ban here, even if you think it was a bug.
squirtsoda

Unfair ban

Post by squirtsoda »

About a year ago I started running into the occasional "Disconnect: You are banned from all Kigen's Anti-Cheat (KAC) protected servers." Now I had no idea what KAC even was and didn't really care because it was only on a few servers, but more and more servers are starting to use it, so it is getting more and more annoying. So I would like to formally request that you unban me on the grounds that I have done nothing wrong, I am not an asshole, I am not the sort of person that lies, and I understand that it is unlikely that you will do so. I can see that you are very busy so it would be beyond my expectations if you even read this. I suspect the reason I might have been banned is that a lot of people in CSS cheat and I may have been in a server full of them, although I myself was not involved in these activities. Heck I don't even know how to cheat. My steam ID is as follows:STEAM_0:1:23700744. Thank you very much for your consideration, I will be waiting for your answer.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Unfair ban

Post by nightrider »

STEAM_0:1:23700744

Checking 'STEAM_0:1:23700744'...
Steam ID is NOT banned.

Your ban is a local server ban & not on the KAC global ban list.
Please contact the local server provider.

Merry Christmas ... ;)

~ Locked
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Unfair ban

Post by Kigen »

You were unbanned. (I just hadn't posted it yet.)

The ban was for a bad disconnect message (control characters). Sometimes other issues (such as corruption) can caused bad disconnects with control characters.

I thought I had gotten a rid of all control character bans.... I guess not.

Anyway, as I said, your unbanned.

Merry Christmas.