kac_client_antispamconnect problem

Found a bug in KAC? Post it here.
Zaivaru

kac_client_antispamconnect problem

Post by Zaivaru »

So here is the problem. This cvar should protect server from spamconnects (too fast reconnections etc), BUT:
seems that its detecting client only by his ip address, not steamid. For example, i have 2 pcs at home, i play on 1 of pcs, my brother plays on second pc. When map on server changes, we both get 1 minute bans. Seems, that this protection should work on steamid, not ip address. I have turned off this protection, cause many players share the same ip addresses (play from the same LANs etc)..
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: kac_client_antispamconnect problem

Post by Kigen »

Yes, it detects by IP because in CS:S and the like (ep1 games) the Steam ID is not sent until later. By which the client would have disconnected.
Zaivaru

Post by Zaivaru »

So for tf2 server there is no use of this feature. I choose better to disable it so server would not ban innocent players. Anyway, thanks for reply :)
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

KAC 1.2.0.5 should have it disabled by default.
Zaivaru

Post by Zaivaru »

Seems that since kac 1.2.0.6 kac_client_antispamconnect problem is back. You told that you disabled it by default, but now seems that even when this is 0, it still works like being 1. I play with my brother from the same external ip and when new map starts, we get banned for 1 minute. In version 1.2.0.5 i could add kac_client_antispamconnect 0 to server.cfg and we didnt get banned for 1 minute when map changed. So how to fix it ?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Set it to 1 then 0.

Basically add this to your server.cfg

Code: Select all

kac_client_antispamconnect 1
kac_client_antispamconnect 0