Socket problem

Found a bug in KAC? Post it here.
Ares87

Socket problem

Post by Ares87 »

At first I installed KAC with Socket module, but the socket Module opened a TCP Socket ~ every 10-20 Secons. So my VPS-Rootserver crashed completely after 2-4 hours reaching its hardlimit of TCP connections. I don't know if it is a configuration problem or something. The non Socket version of KAC runs perfect now without problems. My question is: Does the non Socket Version have same funktionality? Or are some Hacks / Cheats /Crashes not found by the Non-Socket-Version?

Thank you for your answer.

Ares87
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Socket problem

Post by Kigen »

The sockets version is going to support features planned. However, the main problem lies with the creator of the Sockets extension itself. I haven't seen him in a while and the plugin itself is buggy.

I know my code cuts off the TCP connection, as does the KAC master server.

Basically the current setup is when someone connects to your server my plugin creates a TCP connection to the KAC master server and send their Steam ID, my master server replies telling if that person is banned or not and kills the connection on its side. My plugin then interprets the response and tries to tell the Sockets extension to close the socket.
Ares87

Post by Ares87 »

My Server is protected very strict (hosts.allow: ALL: ALL Deny) even my CSS Server has no opened port. Sockets can't work ;)

Could you please add a Timeout to Kac that sends the socket-close-command after some time? Worst-Case-Scenario: KAC master server is down ... reason unknow ... Hundreds of servers fill up with unclosed TCP connections and crash after some time. :idea:
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

I'm doing what I can.