A way to stop .lua (Possibly?)

Make suggestions about futures features here.
chrise112

A way to stop .lua (Possibly?)

Post by chrise112 »

Ok well what i was thinking is, Not sure if this is possible though.

A command list, like currently implemented into KAC and various Anti cheat plugins.
This one on the other hand is a little different. We all know that KAC bans for certain cvars (openscript, sv_cheats etc)

My thought was what if KAC had a file of some sort that it read commands that were fine and anything that doesn't match that file / command. If you understand what i mean.

Ill try and explain better.

In the new LSS they released a function that lets clients create there own custom 'commands' to bypass anticheats including KAC. My idea in theory was like a check list type thing. Say the following commands are in a file coded for KAC

sv_cheats
net_graph
hostname

Let's say a client joined that had intentions to crash a server or use scripts etc. Lets say they decided to call there plugin
"gjd272bd"
Would it be possible for KAC to use a list of commands that are considered safe and what are not (This is what it is already doing) but, Could be added onto by banning users that enter a command that is NOT in that list. Or in other words a non official 'command'
Lets go back to the list. Lets say that this is our file that KAC reads that will detect commands.
GREEN = Official or Okay commands - - RED = Commands that client will be banned / kicked for, or Illegal commands

hostname
sv_password
mp_friendlyfire
mp_footsteps
mp_autoteambalance
mp_autokick
mp_flashlight
mp_tkpunish
mp_forcecamera
sv_alltalk
sv_pausable
sv_consistency
sv_cheats
sv_gravity
sv_maxvelocity
sv_unlag
sv_voicecodec
sv_hltv
sv_allowupload
sv_allowdownload
sv_maxspeed
mp_limitteams
es_load
es_unload

So that file is uploaded and running nicely on your server. Then someone trys to join and enters the command that they had created before as an example (gjd272bd)
They then open console and type
"gjd272bd <whatever>.lua"
KAC then checks with the safe command file (The green part) and if the command does not match with the list then kick / ban the client entering the command.

If you understand what i mean.
JBV

Re: A way to stop .lua (Possibly?)

Post by JBV »

chrise112 wrote:Ok well what i was thinking is, Not sure if this is possible though.

A command list, like currently implemented into KAC and various Anti cheat plugins.
This one on the other hand is a little different. We all know that KAC bans for certain cvars (openscript, sv_cheats etc)

My thought was what if KAC had a file of some sort that it read commands that were fine and anything that doesn't match that file / command. If you understand what i mean.

Ill try and explain better.

In the new LSS they released a function that lets clients create there own custom 'commands' to bypass anticheats including KAC. My idea in theory was like a check list type thing. Say the following commands are in a file coded for KAC

sv_cheats
net_graph
hostname

Let's say a client joined that had intentions to crash a server or use scripts etc. Lets say they decided to call there plugin
"gjd272bd"
Would it be possible for KAC to use a list of commands that are considered safe and what are not (This is what it is already doing) but, Could be added onto by banning users that enter a command that is NOT in that list. Or in other words a non official 'command'
Lets go back to the list. Lets say that this is our file that KAC reads that will detect commands.
GREEN = Official or Okay commands - - RED = Commands that client will be banned / kicked for, or Illegal commands

hostname
sv_password
mp_friendlyfire
mp_footsteps
mp_autoteambalance
mp_autokick
mp_flashlight
mp_tkpunish
mp_forcecamera
sv_alltalk
sv_pausable
sv_consistency
sv_cheats
sv_gravity
sv_maxvelocity
sv_unlag
sv_voicecodec
sv_hltv
sv_allowupload
sv_allowdownload
sv_maxspeed
mp_limitteams
es_load
es_unload

So that file is uploaded and running nicely on your server. Then someone trys to join and enters the command that they had created before as an example (gjd272bd)
They then open console and type
"gjd272bd <whatever>.lua"
KAC then checks with the safe command file (The green part) and if the command does not match with the list then kick / ban the client entering the command.

If you understand what i mean.
what if the client have used setinfo to make their own cvar? then they are going to be banned for using it, even though they don't use LSS

correct me if i'm wrong
SevenPointFive

Post by SevenPointFive »

JBV do you mean aliases?
If so then no it won't ban them as the alias is just a name to execute a link of commands
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Aliases are not true commands. (i.e., you could alias openscript and KAC will not ban you, but if you have the real plugin that creates the openscript command then KAC will ban you)

Anyhow, this suggestion is not feasible as its like brute forcing passwords. Which takes forever and would not produce results.