KAC 2.0 Steam ID + IP?

Make suggestions about futures features here.
LiTe

KAC 2.0 Steam ID + IP?

Post by LiTe »

I would like to ask as a suggestion, if ban by STEAM ID and IP could be added, keep in mind I am not asking for IP ban only but STEAM ID as well. Kigen, if you can't implement this in 2.0, can you show me what to change in KAC 1.1.6 that will allow ban by STEAM ID and IP?

It would mean a lot. I am trying to track where the majority of the cheaters come from by IP, then most likely ban that area.
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: KAC 2.0 Steam ID + IP?

Post by Kigen »

Well, most internet users have dynamic IPs or could easily change their IP if they want (cable users). So I often find that banning by IP will end up banning some innocent user down the road.

But I'll think about it.
LiTe

Post by LiTe »

I know all about the dynamic IP, but can easily delete the banned_ip.cfg config, but it would help to find out what country they are comming from, I remember on an old server I used to admin we had to ban the entire country of brazil to stop a large cheater influx. It worked extremely well. Same thing could be done by banning specific areas.
Jason Argo

Post by Jason Argo »

LiTe wrote:I know all about the dynamic IP, but can easily delete the banned_ip.cfg config, but it would help to find out what country they are comming from, I remember on an old server I used to admin we had to ban the entire country of brazil to stop a large cheater influx. It worked extremely well. Same thing could be done by banning specific areas.
Use this SourceMod plugin: country filter, it's great I use it to block all countries except Australia and New Zealand. On this page you will see a link to download the latest Geo IP database: http://www.maxmind.com/app/geolitecountry, it's free and 99.5% accurate. Another thing when configuring make sure to add country prefixes in uppercase or it won't work.
LiTe

Post by LiTe »

It will be a cold day in hell before I use SourceMod, I hated it. Mani provided with everything I needed and more in one package. SourceMod made me look for plugins and half of them put their own ads and etc up.

Nah, I am supporting KAC v2.0, if KAC uses SourceMod thats the only plugin I will use.