Globalban

Make suggestions about futures features here.
.arp

Globalban

Post by .arp »

Quick explanation how this should work...

Guy connects with cheats to the server with KAC. Then KAC is detecting cvar change for example sv_cheats 1, not matching the server sv_cheats 0 and then he is getting banned. Then SID with ban reason is automaticlly uploaded to KAC Global Banlist, when the guy (cheater) is trying to connect random server witch has a KAC, he just won't connect because he is banned on all KAC Protected server.

Is this so hard to make? Every server with KAC should upload ban to global banlist...

Kind Regards,
.arp
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Globalban

Post by nightrider »

Generally yes you have the procedure,
However not all server contribute to the KAC global ban list.
.arp

Post by .arp »

Then how to connect server with Globalban if it exist? I want TREADSTONE be connected to this database.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

All users of KAC 1.2 open beta and above can download information from the KAC global ban list.
Only select servers as determined by Kigen upload to the KAC global ban list.
coach

Post by coach »

The reason is that different server operators have various different opinions on what should be bannable etc & edit how KAC works. Kigen by my understanding only allows trusted servers access to the Global list for banning. Others are all done locally on individual servers which is fine by me.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Yes.

KAC is open source and there are more ways the one to cause KAC to think someone is cheating when they are not when you control the server.

To prevent people from being falsely banned by someone who has evil intentions I have to limit the version of KAC that can upload to the global banlist to select servers that I trust. Mainly these are servers that I have direct control over.