Non Sockets Version?

Make suggestions about futures features here.
kyle12

Non Sockets Version?

Post by kyle12 »

As of up until 1.2.0.4 I've been editing the sockets dependency out of KAC, I was just wondering if you could release a Sockets and non Sockets version for version 1.2.0.8. I hate loading extra extensions as the automatic update feature would kill my custom additions to KAC (more "exploitable" commands blocked from other various plugins), and it's just another thing that can go wrong.

Also, long time no see Kigen ;)
Kyle.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Non Sockets Version?

Post by nightrider »

Sockets v.s non Sockets versions...
The creator does not have the time or resources to support parallel versions of KAC.
Use of non sockets version is unavailable & unsupported.
Use of modified versions is at your own risk & without support.
kyle12

Post by kyle12 »

So you're saying it's impossible to remove functionality from Kigen Anti Cheat by simply putting those defines back in? :roll: That sounds rather shitty on your part as before it was really that easy. I'm not asking for support, if you're really worried about "newbs" complaining about it not working. Simply add a line in Big Red Font saying "UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" right above the download link. It really is that simple, if you're honestly worried about supporting and "wasting time" on it. I'll be more than happy to remove the dependency, add some of my own fixes and post my build here.

Anyways, if you don't want me to, whatever I'll just continue editing the Sockets dependency out myself. I know of atleast 5 server OPs that I've sent my own builds to.
Kyle.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Not trying to step on your toes ... ;)
I implied nothing other than the one authorized KAC version of the plugin.
Modified versions of KAC are unsupported and support is not provided here.
No modified or sockets free version of KAC will be provided or supplied.
No posting of modified versions of KAC will be allowed on these forums.
Please refer to my previous post.

~ Locked
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

If you have other exploitable commands that are not in KAC then please send them to me. In addition it isn't needed to alter KAC to add those. As a simple "kac_addcmd <command>" should suffice.

As far as no sockets. No, I do not wish to post one up or support one. I'm trying to get the SourceMod team to add some sockets functionality natively to SourceMod instead of having to load it in via extension. However that so far hasn't happened.