Srcds Dos Exploit

Make suggestions about futures features here.
secretuser

Srcds Dos Exploit

Post by secretuser »

Hey, Kigen

It would be good if you can implente the Dos Exploit Protection in your AC-Plugin.

Like This Plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95312

but it would be better if you include it in your plugin because it is a exploit too and running thosaunds of plugins is not the
best solution.

Thanks.
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Srcds Dos Exploit

Post by Kigen »

Unfortunately, that would require me to write a extension, MM:S, or VSP plugin. Those types of attacks are outside the realm of a SourceMod plugin.
secretuser

Post by secretuser »

Ah ok..

Heres my suggesstion list for the next kac updates 8-)

* Anti HLSS
* Anti Bhop
* Dos Exploit Protection
* VAC Ban Check (banning the player from the server) Check if the player has been banned by vac before doesent matter what game because it means he cheated in a other game before so there is a still a risk that he cheats in other games where he is not banned.

- if possible.
* NoSpread Detection
* NoRecoil Detection
* Aimbot Detection
* Spinbot Detection
* AntiAim Detection
* FakeAngles Detection

i hope you can create all that features for the new kac update it would be good ;) only if you have time ofcourse 8-)

i respect all your work kigen i know it takes a lot of time to work on a project etc... keep it up :D your ac is currently one of the most effective plugins for Srcds Servers!

if i look at detox or zblock or detocs they are not so good like kac. :D
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

A rather large list that have plugins or CVARs that can already protect for this.
* Anti HLSS
* Anti Bhop
* Dos Exploit Protection
* VAC Ban Check

Much harder to implement & as of yet I don't know of another plugin that can detect these.
* NoSpread Detection
* NoRecoil Detection
sebbe

Post by sebbe »

nightrider wrote:[...]
* Anti Bhop
[...]
Ouh, which plugin/CVARS? Thx

greetings
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

The CVar sv_max_usercmd_future_ticks 1

Some small research has shown that setting the value of this CVAR to 0 prevents Bunny Hopping.

Its just a scale for how many future ticks you wish to receive from the client.
Basically, this means that the client is saying that they wanna do something before it has even happened.
This can happen naturally with people that have their cl_cmdrate set higher than the server tick rate.
However, the allowance of future ticks has been abused by cheaters to trick the server in allowing them to move forward to a position that they cannot by physics get to in the time frame allotted.
This most famously was abused during GoldSrc (CS 1.6) where cheats could trick the server into allowing them to basically teleport right next to people or across the entire map.