Showing kicked people as Blocked in SourceBan

Make suggestions about futures features here.
firebull

Showing kicked people as Blocked in SourceBan

Post by firebull »

Hi, Kigen!

I see in KAC.log a lot of kicked guys, but it's not so comfortable to start the console to control that. Is it possible to show that players in Block list of SourceBans?
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Showing kicked people as Blocked in SourceBan

Post by Kigen »

I'd have to ban those people for them to show up in your SourceBans.
asherkin

Post by asherkin »

Although I don't think this would be a good feature, I think I may have thought of a way to do it.

First, you would need a ban as a place holder, e.g. you could add a ban against a player called "KAC Kicked Players" with a STEAMID of STEAM_0:0:0 so that it didn't stop any legit players.

Second, you would need to get this bans ID from the SourceBans database and save it to KAC's config, any other required settings, such as the database and Server ID could come straight from SourceBans config file on the game server.

Third, and this is where KAC comes in, when a player gets kicked add an record directly to the 'sm_banlog' table in the SourceBans database, with a Server ID of the current server, the players name and the Ban ID from earlier.

This would have the effect of showing kicked players in the blocked players list on the SourceBans website, without polluting the ban list.

This may make a good optional feature in the (far) future.

--Asher

P.S: If you had any trouble understanding the above, I don't blame you. It's 6:30AM. Just ask and I will clarify.
firebull

Post by firebull »

ok, I understand =))

I thought like that, in fact, but had a hope, that it's possible to show in blocked...

Thanks!!!