KAC. RANT

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
Garethaw

KAC. RANT

Post by Garethaw »

Hello, firstly I would like to say kac the anti cheat its self is great but.

I don't believe that you should be globally banning people from all servers for scripting/hacking if someone uses scripts/hacks they should be banned from the server which they committed the offence rather than every decent server there is I mean I hate hacking/scripting but that seems a wee to harsh for my liking you should stop trying to remake vac, the moral of story is take meh global ban away for meh sakes, no im not on the global ban list for kac!
Kac, what a piece of crap that is
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: KAC. RANT

Post by Kigen »

The global banlist is to clean out the servers. Without some sort of punishment people are likely to repeat their offenses.

Simply put, lets say Bob decides that he doesn't like a particular community named Community B. But he often plays on Community A's servers. So he downloads some sort of cheating to make everyone playing on Community B's server leave because they can no longer enjoy the game. Then he unloads the cheat and continues playing on Community A's servers. But lets say that both communities use KAC 1.2.1.0. And for some reason Community B's servers have my trust. So when he attacks Community B's servers he gets KAC banned globally now. Now he can no longer play on either Community A or Community B's servers. Now he realizes that it was a mistake to go out and attack other servers. Now the simple solution for him to be able to play on KAC protected servers again is to get a new Steam account and rebuy the games. Now we have also a money limit too that would prevent people from just simply attacking a server over and over again with different Steam accounts as well as we all know money isn't unlimited.

Thus the entire gaming community benefits because now Bob realizes that if he wants to continue enjoying his games he shouldn't cheat. So Bob deletes his cheats and gets a new Steam account. Now he can play again on Community A's servers.
Garethaw

Post by Garethaw »

this explains nothing if bob hacks community b's server he gets banned on community b's server end of story, unless your gonna go buy the games for bob's new steam account, stop trying remake vac, i cannot wait till someone make's a kac beast im gonna laugh so hard.
Kac, what a piece of crap that is
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

So your logic is that player Bob should be allowed to cheat, hack, crash, be banned from server B
And still be allowed to freely play on server A ?
That logic is unsound and very much flawed.

As this thread is soon to become a flame ...
~ Locked
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

The project already has been DDoS attacked, several times, and all have failed.

I do not care for some wannabe "internet bully" threatening me. KAC will remain around and the global banlist will still be here.

You want to cheat on someone server, you will pay the price by having to either rebuy your games on a new account or playing on one of the thousands of servers that don't use KAC. Simply put, you don't like it then don't play on KAC protected servers.