Questions regarding KAC log entries

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
gothroach

Questions regarding KAC log entries

Post by gothroach »

Hi!

First off, I want to thank Kigen for making such an awesome plugin, and especially for releasing it to the public.

I've been running KAC 1.1.9 for a while now, and have been afraid to upgrade to the 1.2.x (not sure why). I finally upgraded to 1.2.1 yesterday, and noticed some odd log entries starting after the upgrade. If someone could help me understand these, I'd be very grateful.

First:
L 06/12/2010 - 19:18:09: Unexpected CVar Reply: |Ĝ2Ж|gothroach (ID: ********* | IP: *********) replied with unexpected convar "beetlesmod_version" (not expecting; result "Not found") with value "".
L 06/12/2010 - 19:18:09: Unexpected CVar Reply: |Ĝ2Ж|gothroach (ID: ********* | IP: *********) replied with unexpected convar "beetlesmod_version" (not expecting; result "Not found") with value "".

This has happened several times with me joining my server after the upgrade (always twice in a row in the logs), even though I'm not running any sort of client-side mods whatsoever. Should I remove the beetlesmod_version CVAR from the KAC CVAR list, or is this something I can safely ignore? I haven't been kicked or banned for it yet.

Second:
L 06/12/2010 - 14:08:40: Player |¢ќ|∞³๖ۣۜNÃ★☠(*********) tried to execute cheat command:
L 06/12/2010 - 14:16:31: Player |¢ќ|∞³๖ۣۜNÃ★☠(*********) tried to execute cheat command:

This is showing up a surprising amount on many different clients. There were entries like this before the upgrade, but they were pretty rare (1-2/week). I'm getting several a day now. Again, is this something I can ignore, or is it indicative of a larger problem?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Questions regarding KAC log entries

Post by Kigen »

The unexpected is a minor bug that does nothing but generate that log. Just ignore it.

As far as the "tried to execute cheat command:" logs, those are KAC 1.1.9 and older log entries. KAC 1.2 doesn't generate those entries.