No VAC connection

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
Pablo

No VAC connection

Post by Pablo »

So recently I've got this a couple time, also some other people, me on another account some more, never seen it before.

it disconnect you from the server and it says
Secure connection failed, No Steam logon, or A connection to the VAC servers could not be made

On steam support site it says
Using third-party anti-cheat applications, both server and client-side, is not necessary and may result in the errors outlined above. Do not use third-party anti-cheat applications while playing on a VAC secured server.

(lol not needed my butt)
So anyway is KAC causing this somehow? I'm using latest version.
Krillin

Re: No VAC connection

Post by Krillin »

Are you running Linux by chance? If you are, the problem lies within Linux's network configuration. They use 127.0.1.1 as IP address for PCNAME. If you have a static IP address on the host computer. Edit your /etc/hosts file and modify the 2nd line 127.0.1.1 to your static IP address (192.168.1.50 as an example, use your static IP of course) save the file, reboot or restart your network app and your problem will go away.

I have ran into this problem dozens of times, this corrected the problem on every build I have done for Linux.

Answer is No, it is NOT this plug-in, it is the way the Network is configured in Linux if Linux is your hosted OS for your gameserver.

Krillin

You are required to open and edit this hosts file as root. Open a terminal window and type:

Code: Select all

sudo vi /ect/hosts
enter account password and [enter] then edit accordingly
Pablo

Re: No VAC connection

Post by Pablo »

ok thanks, yeah its on a linux server through a server hosting company, ill show them this.