Question...

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
Ryan517

Question...

Post by Ryan517 »

Ok so, I made a post last night: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=689
My friend did some disconnect exploit thing on my computer while I wasn't there and I was wondering, how can I ever get Unbanned? Do I need to buy the game all over again on a new account? Does the ban only account for CS:S or does it apply to all games?

Thanks
-Ryan
Blackfoot

Re: Question...

Post by Blackfoot »

U should have posted this under the unbanned area...and no, it shouldnt be perma banned unless it was under the servers kigen has access to.

my guess it was a server side ban which you would have to talk to the server owner about.
Ryan517

Post by Ryan517 »

No you don't understand, I cannot access any CS:S server that has KAC protection... Kigen said that I was using a disconnect exploit. If this is the case, do I have to buy CS:S over again and does the ban affect any other servers on others games?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

The ban effects all servers utilizing KAC.

There isn't a way to get unbanned.

You'll have to get a new Steam account and re-buy your games if you want to play on KAC protected servers again.
Ryan517

Post by Ryan517 »

So no matter what game, any server running KAC will block me from joining the server? Because I only have HL2, HL2:DM, CS:S, Garry's Mod, CoD4, and CoD:MW2 on my account and as of right now, I can play Garry's mod, CS:S, and CoD games just fine. Is there a specific list of games that KAC is used?
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

Any server that is running KAC will block a globally banned Steam ID
Ryan517

Post by Ryan517 »

*sigh* So now I have to buy all my games on a new account... Great... I'm just going to make my friend by all the games again. I don't care how he does it, but he is... You can lock the thread if you want Kigen, thanks for the help and letting me know what happened.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

~ Locked by request