A few questions

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
Iron_Chef

A few questions

Post by Iron_Chef »

Today I read all 83 pages of the thread about KAC on the Allied Modders forum, and I am very impressed with the work you've put into this plugin. I am the head admin of a CS:S server and we are already considering switching to SM from BM--mainly because of KAC. At the moment, I can only think of a couple little questions...

-As head admin, frequently ban players by rcon, so that I do not have to join the server to extend a reserve admin's ban (as they are limited to 1 day bans). This way I can take care of all the banning needs without joining the server and wasting a slot. Is there a way for a MySQL database similar to the one from n00bsalad to distinguish my rcon bans from the bans that are given by KAC? This would make it a lot clearer what is actually going on in banlist if we were to make it public.

-You have stated that there is currently no public version of the plugin that reports bans to the master KAC server, but I was curious if there was any process to be considered for such a version of KAC. I realize the risk you take to the integrity of your system, and obviously would not expect that version to be open source, as well as I would expect that you would investigate the server settings, set-up, etc. to insure that everything is done properly beforehand. Even so, I feel like it would be a great service to the community as a whole to be able to cast a wider net into the CS:S world and be able to catch more of the hacking tards.

That's really all I have at the moment. And I look forward to your release of KAC v2.0, and I can't wait to see what improvements you will have made, since it is already probably the best anti-cheat plugin I have come across. Good work, and if we do decide to use KAC on our server you can almost guarantee that we will send you a donation to help continue your work.

Thanks,
|Sa|-Iron_Chef-[PRiSoN]
|Sa|-Iron_Chef-[PRiSoN]
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: A few questions

Post by Kigen »

For your first question you can setup SourceBans, it a web ban and admin management tool.

As far as your second, I currently have my hands full with my job and stuff and haven't really had time for KAC lately, though hopefully I'll have more time in November. This mean I cannot handle another server being on with the private version of KAC.