Unexpected CVar Reply?

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
KennyK

Unexpected CVar Reply?

Post by KennyK »

The difference between "Unexpected CVar Reply" and "Bad CVar return".

I think that the first one is just ignored by kac and the second one is someone getting banned.

I got this in my kac log from my brother in laws machine that has only started playing css within the last month. I am the one that helped him setup his steam account.
Unexpected CVar Reply xxxxxxxxxx replied with unexpected convar "openscript" (not expecting; result "Not found") with value "".
What does this mean?
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Unexpected CVar Reply?

Post by Kigen »

Unexpected just means the code wasn't expecting the return. To be honest its more a bug with my code than it is anything else. I just need better management of queries which is planned for KAC 1.3.

Bad returns are when they don't match and are probably cheating or just have a bad setting. (i.e., sv_cheats bad return would be cheating and a bad mat_dxlevel is just a bad setting that they should correct themselves, but isn't cheating)
KennyK

Post by KennyK »

What I don't understand is that the text that I have in bold above came from a machine that I maintain. I know for a fact that there is not any lss or lua on it.

From what I understand, that openscript is from lss. Am I wrong?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

It is, but it isn't a positive reply. Its a negative reply (if you noticed where it says "Not found"). Which is what it should be.