What is sv_consistency ban? WHat about a spray?

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
newn

What is sv_consistency ban? WHat about a spray?

Post by newn »

Hi everyone. What is KAC: ConVar sv_consistency violation that ban? A player claims, that he just downloaded a new spray, sprayed it one time and he has got a ban. He also claims, that he handn't cheated, same as a regular player in my server, a classmate of that banned guy. So i'd like to investigate a little this thing. What could be the reason of that ban? Thanks.
Hawkeye

Re: What is sv_consistency ban? WHat about a spray?

Post by Hawkeye »

I am not a moderator here, but here is how I understand it.

1) The ban has nothing to do with his spray.

2) What the sv_consistency ban states, is that the sv_consistency CVAR on his client did not match the servers value. (Server typically are set to 1). Since this is a CVAR controlled by the server, there is no normal means to force a client to have a CVAR variance from the server, so the base assumption is, he had something to change it whether he knew it or not.

sv_consistency tells the client to make sure assets match the servers, so it could allow alternate skins (bright colors with green heads and so forth)

Now I doubt this is in the KAC Global ban list, so it is your discretion as to how you handle it. My personal preference would be to let the ban sit, but again, your server, your call.
twozcar

Post by twozcar »

it is a cvar only changeable by server, therefor this is a cheat program that tries/does (when not caught) force the sv_consistency ban for change materials such as transparent walls
and or changing weapon models to better performance such as low block of sight,
and or changing sounds of walking soldiers to louder sounding walk.
and or player model to appear red or blue to that person exact team posistion of CT or T/other games aswell.

IN OTHERWAYS, this is defently a cheat = ban should allways persist.
no normal client could replicate this on false positive.
newn

Post by newn »

Well, that's what i thought. Thanks for information guys!