Newby question :D

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
flook

Newby question :D

Post by flook »

Hello

I just read my mail from Noobsalad, about independance day (or something like that {im not american ;)} ) when i saw the link to KAC. I was like: "Hm, i alrdy got: Detox, VAC and zBlock, but why not have another one, just to be sure to keep those damned cheaters away" so now im trying to get it installed, but for some reason, my source mod isn't working, metamod is working (as my HLSW says), but no source mod, im trying to re-install it (for the 6th time). Maybe u guys could help me? Before u would post the wiki link to either metamod/sourcemod, no need as i follow every step from it. The server is Linux.
But i do got some other questions about KAC.
- Is KAC a Anti-Cheat program like Steambans? ( i mean, It has a database, with the cheaters ID's stored so when KAC is isntalled on my server, the cheaters that are in the database can't join.)
- Do i need webspace for KAC? (like Hlstats does, i know it has nothing to do with it, but just to store the ID's on.)
- Can i run KAC with also Detox and zBlock?
- Are the bans that i make on the server, added to the KAC database, so they can also not play on other KAC protected servers?
Well, thats sorta it ;D
P.S.: I like anti cheat programs like steambans (its just crap that our clan doesn't have a website/webspace or something, what i needed for steambans.)

Thx for ur respond (IF U RESPOND :twisted: :lol: )

Grtz, Flo.Ok

---EDIT---
Just a lil edit.

Cell Gaming is a small clan, most based on FBG. Our servers aren't doing so well, if u maybe wan't to make a lil bit of commercial for our clan, we can make some for yours 2 on our server ;D

Its not needed to do this, but just if some one maybe wan'ts to, just contact me ;-)
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Newby question :D

Post by Kigen »

As far as your issue with getting SourceMod loaded it might be best to ask on the SourceMod forums.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=52

KAC has a database of known cheaters that were caught on trusted servers. It is currently at your option to let them in and to use the KAC global banlist you need Sockets for SourceMod ( http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67640 ). KAC on SM 1.1.3 does not require Sockets for operation however, future versions ( >=1.1.4 ) will. If a cheater is caught and banned of your server by KAC it does not add to KAC's global banlist. This is because I have no way to verify the legitimacy of the ban, especially with KAC on SM having its source code released under the GPL. I do prioritize the accuracy and integrity of KAC's global banlist. The commercial version will be able to add to the KAC banlist.

KAC is not known to have issues with zBlock or Detox. KAC stores its bans locally on your server if it does detect a cheater. If you use SourceBans it will ban using SourceBans and will appear on your SourceBans install as "CONSOLE." So it does not require any webspace.

I am currently working on a new version independent of SourceMod but that is a commercial version. KAC on SM will always be free but will not cover all the detections that the commercial version will cover. But that is a little bit away.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Also, about the trusted servers. They only add bans to KAC's global banlist that were made by KAC. This is done all by program and not by a human. I do check over the list to ensure the integrity of it.
flook

Post by flook »

Ok, thx

One more question, about that socket, i downloaded it and installed it. But is there any command i need to use then? like sm load plugins socket or something? im totally newb @ server stuff, as this is my second time i got a server xD (i mostly use eventscripts :P) cus i would like to allow KAC to use there database of cheaters.
flook

Post by flook »

I rly don't get it how to install Socket :s says something about: post it in ur mod/<file>/dl.htm orsomething like that :s
flook

Post by flook »

Kigen wrote:KAC on SM 1.1.3 does not require Sockets for operation however, future versions ( >=1.1.4 ) will.
Hm, SM 1.1.3? i only found 1.0.3
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

The version numbers I'm referring to are ones for KAC not SM. When I say "KAC on SM" I am referring to my anti-cheat being designed for SourceMod. I have plans to make it a stand-alone plugin (i.e., doesn't need SourceMod).

As far as Sockets you drop that in addons/sourcemod/extensions. When my plugin loads it'll automatically load Sockets at the same time.
flook

Post by flook »

ok, ty :)
flook

Post by flook »

seems like sockets isn't working here, i get this error:
[06] <FAILED> file "socket.ext.so": /home/game1/cstrike/addons/sourcemod/extensions/socket.ext.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The (socket.ext.so) is in the map.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Looks like you didn't put Sockets in the right place. Because it got the error "No such file exists."