What does this mean?

Discuss things relating to this site or the community at large here.
Adonixx

What does this mean?

Post by Adonixx »

08/19/2009 - 01:46:45: nexus (STEAM_0:1:2202559) was kicked for running a plugin zb_version (set to 4.4).
onecoolguy

Re: What does this mean?

Post by onecoolguy »

that interesting..

zb_version is zblock version 4.4

Im currently using zb4.4 on the server i have KAC installed on and havent had a problem with it..
asherkin

Post by asherkin »

From what I understand, it's due to the person running a server side plugin, in this case zblock, on their client. IIRC, this was introduced with the latest version of KAC. You can still use KAC along with zblock/VAC/Insert other Anti-Cheat on your server.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Yes, this is because they are running zBlock on their client.

zBlock will interfere with normal game operation sv_consistency replication which can cause a KAC ban when used on the client.
Adonixx

Post by Adonixx »

I went through the kac logs I have on our box looking for bans where just a sv_consistency was found, but there were none.
I did find however quite a few where there was an sv_cheats ban along w/ a sv_consistency, both the same person in a couple spots. Are these actual bans since sv_cheats 1, or are they accidents due to zb_version?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

No.

The problems zBlock causes are when the server sets sv_consistency to 0. zBlock will force sv_consistency to 1 on the client which will cause KAC to ban that player for failure to replicate. zBlock is only meant to run on the server.
Adonixx

Post by Adonixx »

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying.