Donations

News relating to the site or the community.
Pablo

Re: Donations

Post by Pablo »

Well, I'm currently digging myself out of my own hole right now, but in my opinion. You Kigen, are a King among Kings. And this work must continue!!!!!!!!

I would have expected more donations though, according to sourcemod page 573 servers running you. :'[ Plus the 10s or 100s of thousands of players on those servers benefiting from your work. huh. Not to mention the extra work of the bad guys to get around you :]

(good grammar i know)
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

I appreciate it Pablo. There are really about 3,000 servers that use KAC. Unfortunately, after the master server change SourceMod didn't properly update their stats page.

But most people can drop KAC on their server and forget about it. So they don't visit this site often.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

I have an idea Max.
Do you think it's possible to code an in game announcement advertisement into KAC?
You could place a friendly short donation request every 5 minuets in green $$$.
3,000 servers running KAC would be a bit more eyes to your request for donations.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Its possible but I'd rather avoid advertising in someone else's server.
nightrider
Community Moderator

Post by nightrider »

You could have a donators version of KAC without adverts
and a free version with adverts.
It could be based on IPs or donator server code.
twozcar

Post by twozcar »

really good idea nightrider. i would support that. or maybe if u dont pay a small amount of money u cant use kac, its get locked to server owner steamid or the server ip which the owner buy kac for.. hmm just an thought. in my clan we would not have a problem be necessary to pay a small amount to this great project, but i sure think others would complain much about it. but nothing is free these days. u put so much time into this kigen, u deserve it without it costs anything for u.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

All i would say about that is that it is far better than letting this project die, it would be very bad if development stopped.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

If anyone can donate it would be appreciated. Its getting close to the end of July and I only have $20.
coach

Post by coach »

Making one now. Great job Kigen. :D

Maybe it is time for the two versions Kigen. A donator's version & a non donator version.

Donators get a full version while non donators get a watered down version maybe. :?:
twozcar

Post by twozcar »

Great idea. a version which only warns about cheaters and exploiters, and a version that costs that removes the ones hehe :D maybe??