The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.

Announcements relating to Kigen's Anti-Cheat.
Kigen
Site Admin

The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.

Post by Kigen »

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've thought about this long and hard. At first the "LUA Source Scripting" plugin which was developed for clients to code LUA scripts and execute them on their clients appeared pretty innocent at first. However, as time progressed and I've watched their community it appears more and more that they are developing the client side plugin for cheating and exploit purposes rather than any other reason. So I have come to the decision that the "LUA Source Scripting" plugin will be classified as a cheat in the up-coming next update for KAC. KAC will be issuing permanent bans for the use of "LUA Source Scripting".

I would advise anyone who may be using the "LUA Source Scripting" plugin to stop using it immediately and to tell their friends to stop using it immediately. It is painfully apparent that the people that make up the majority of the "LUA Source Scripting" community seek to cheat and destroy the Source engine rather than any thing else.

Regards,
- Kigen
asherkin

Re: The so-called "LUA Source Scripting" plugin for clients.

Post by asherkin »

Unfortunately, this will probably just cause the creator of LSS to remove the version cvar, if cheating really is his intention.
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Well, we'll see as that isn't the only way KAC can detect plugins on the client. Though I need to get a better system in place to give updates to that kind of stuff.
kyle12

Post by kyle12 »

Just a heads up Kigen, I think you're already out of date on the LUA detection side of things. I've sent you a PM.
Justin

Post by Justin »

what was there intent before you noticed it was mainly for cheating?
ziemboy
Translator

Post by ziemboy »

Is there a way to disable lua scripts on my server? Some guys crash my server when they like, please help.

I'm using KAC ofc and my serv is runnin on linux.
Image Image Image Image
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Make sure your server is using update KAC 1.2.1.0.
ziemboy
Translator

Post by ziemboy »

Kigen wrote:Make sure your server is using update KAC 1.2.1.0.
Lawl I'm a noob, I couldn't find it. Anyways let's try if that works :)
Image Image Image Image
Unknown

Post by Unknown »

Kigen wrote:Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've thought about this long and hard. At first the "LUA Source Scripting" plugin which was developed for clients to code LUA scripts and execute them on their clients appeared pretty innocent at first. However, as time progressed and I've watched their community it appears more and more that they are developing the client side plugin for cheating and exploit purposes rather than any other reason. So I have come to the decision that the "LUA Source Scripting" plugin will be classified as a cheat in the up-coming next update for KAC. KAC will be issuing permanent bans for the use of "LUA Source Scripting".

I would advise anyone who may be using the "LUA Source Scripting" plugin to stop using it immediately and to tell their friends to stop using it immediately. It is painfully apparent that the people that make up the majority of the "LUA Source Scripting" community seek to cheat and destroy the Source engine rather than any thing else.

Regards,
- Kigen
Does Vac bans for Lss ?
85.190.19.39:27015
Dust 2 DM+Medipacks
SevenPointFive

Post by SevenPointFive »

Unknown wrote: Does Vac bans for Lss ?
Not as of yet, they may or may not introduce bans for it. Highly unlikely though