Regarding some Logs

Post your support questions here. Please search before asking a question.
m00

Regarding some Logs

Post by m00 »

Elloooo luvly KAC ppl,

i just registered to the board and hope that i dont break any rules posting directly into this section, if so i apologize.

Our clan servers are running KAC 1.2.1.0 and i regularly check the kac.log to see what happened over the week. so there are some logs id like to ask something about:

Alot of ppl (id guess 2-5%) are being kicked for this message:
Corrupted CVar response: name (ID: STEAM_0:x:xxxxxxx | IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) was kicked for returning a corrupted value on sensitivity (sensitivity), value set at "x,y" (expected "100.0").
The problem is the x,y instead of the x.y in their config. i guess they downloaded some bad made config files from a website and added it to their game. is there anyway to stop kigen from kicking for the sensivity value? because it isnt rly harmful to the server and since the kicked ppl dont see the reason for their kick they cannot fix it without help. (it only says their game has become corrupt or something similar)

Next message im wondering about:
Unexpected CVar Reply: Team.RTN | DaiLoDigga! (ID: STEAM_0:0:28222597 ) replied with unexpected convar "r_DrawBeams" (not expecting; result "Okay") with value "1".
r_drawbeams is a cheat var which is set to 1. so why doesnt kigen kick/ban him? or is this var harmless? tried to search google for it, wasnt very successful tho.

The third thing id like to ask is if there is anyway not to kick ppl that installed server plugins on their clients. please dont get me wrong, its not like i understand why they did this :roll: or want to do this as well but i see alot of ppl getting kicked because they have "est_version" or "mani_version" or "eventscript_version" set. e.g.:
Plugin CVar return: Don Huan Sonn §EB§ (ID: STEAM_0:1:24222607 ) was kicked for returning with plugin convar "mani_admin_plugin_version" (value "1.2T VSP", return Okay).
Plugin CVar return: DanzeRR :) Seriøst TeaMM ? (ID: STEAM_0:1:24058054 ) was kicked for returning with plugin convar "eventscripts_ver" (value "2.0.0.250", return Okay).

Last thing: :oops:

Unexpected CVar Reply: Team Failness | LeXo (ID: STEAM_0:1:29339127 ) replied with unexpected convar "mat_measurefillrate" (not expecting; result "Okay") with value "0".
Unexpected CVar Reply: Team Failness | LeXo (ID: STEAM_0:1:29339127 ) replied with unexpected convar "sv_cheats" (not expecting; result "Okay") with value "0".
both mat_measurefilrate and sv_cheats are set to 0. why does kigen make an unexpected cvar note about it? or is there still something wrong about him?

Thanks in advance for your answers and many thanks for making KAC :D
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: Regarding some Logs

Post by Kigen »

KAC isn't properly managing its queries. That is why unexpected cvar replies exist. Just ignore them.

The plugin kicks are there for a very important reason. Server side plugins loaded on the client can be used for cheating. That is why KAC kicks them.

As far as the sensitivity thing I'm thinking about what I should do with that.