New Exploit attacking Kigen

Post your support questions here. Please search before asking a question.
GeNeRaLbEaM

New Exploit attacking Kigen

Post by GeNeRaLbEaM »

HI @ all

I`m using the newest beta and yesterday something very strange happened. Somebody from Israel joined on my Server. Played a few secs and then he was kicked : Kick reason :

Code: Select all

L 04/07/2010 - 22:40:47: "PsyDoX' <1465><STEAM_0:1:27095580><CT>" disconnected (reason "@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@f…Étf;ÈtÅ·Pð‰Q‹FºPðlQ‹FºSUVWÿ½F ÆF$^АW‹ù‹GG…SUVWзÁ+Âë$ÿpWÿuWÿuhf…Étf;ÈtŷзÁ+Âë$ÿpWÿuWÿuhf…Étf;ÈtŷзÁ+Âë$ÿpWÿuWÿuhf…Étf;ÈtŷзÁ+Âë$ÿpWÿuWÿuhf…Étf;ÈtŷзÁ+Âë$ÿpWÿuWÿuhf…Étf;ÈtŷзÁ+Âë$ÿpWÿuWÿuh@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@")
Then 40 People on a full Server were kicked in same second with the Message : You have been Kicked blablablabl
wrong XXX_version with expected value and so on. The Logfiles says : Disconnected: reason : Doesconnected by User. I was not playing on the Server so It seems to me that Kigen has kicked everybody but there is nothing in the logs. I dont know what it is, maybe somebody else knows what happened. The guy did a few times. I have banned the steam ID a few mins later.. now everything is fine again. I`m using a few security scripts to preotect my Server but noone has logged something. How the people told me, it seems to me like a kigen Message in the Kick Message.
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: New Exploit attacking Kigen

Post by Kigen »

No, this is the disconnect exploit. I'll be releasing a patch for it shortly that will stop these people from abusing the hole.
GeNeRaLbEaM

Post by GeNeRaLbEaM »

Oh yeah thats Great Kigen. Thanks for your work and your support.

we from sourceserver.info forum ( best german Source engine Server support Forum) always recommend to use Kigen.

You have a big lobby there ^^

Greetz
GeNeRaLbEaM
t2assassin

Post by t2assassin »

I might have got banned for this, but I had the problem too when i came in the server. It was by no means ME though!
Last edited by t2assassin on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
t2assassin

Post by t2assassin »

O
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

The bug with the disconnect exploit check has been fixed.

I do apologize for the trouble you've had.
GeNeRaLbEaM

Post by GeNeRaLbEaM »

Oh no Problem you`re very welcome. I mean for what else are we Beta Testing right ?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

The KAC update released yesterday should have fixed the disconnect exploit issue.
GeNeRaLbEaM

Post by GeNeRaLbEaM »

hehe we got the first one take a look at this :

http://teamgeraffel.de/sourcebans/index ... mid&Submit
JBV

Post by JBV »

Kigen wrote:The KAC update released yesterday should have fixed the disconnect exploit issue.
can people still use the disconnect message and block the exploit, or does it block it all