Adding Client-Side Cvars?

Post your support questions here. Please search before asking a question.
Jonzky

Adding Client-Side Cvars?

Post by Jonzky »

Hi,

Does KAC support scanning CVARs which the clients hack generates?

Lets take an example, I added sh_wallhack ban 1. This lead to everyone being banned in the server (there were only a few in it), seeing as I know for sure that I do not have SethHack installed then I should not have even been able to respond to this query?

On a side note, is there a change-log for the versions?
nightrider
Community Moderator

Re: Adding Client-Side Cvars?

Post by nightrider »

Jonzky wrote:Hi,

Does KAC support scanning CVARs which the clients hack generates?
Yes
Jonzky wrote:Lets take an example, I added sh_wallhack ban 1. This lead to everyone being banned in the server (there were only a few in it),
seeing as I know for sure that I do not have SethHack installed then I should not have even been able to respond to this query?

On a side note, is there a change-log for the versions?
Jonzky

Post by Jonzky »

Thanks for the reply.

What would the syntax I need to use to add a client-CVAR to the ban list? Lets take the example above, sh_wallhack (The hack itself may have preventative measures to pass the query, but it's an example), infact I assume the CVAR can be checked and if it replies anything but "" then the client must have the hack enabled?

Could you please clarify how I could go about adding such a CVAR.

Also, off-topic again but after I added a restricted command (+fap_menu) later on two people were banned with around a 20 second interval between each. I do not believe that the people know each-other. I would believe it is not a KAC issue but just the banning of the first causing the second to try to disable said menu if it was open. Is there be a chance that a KAC error caused the second to be banned?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

CVar: You can add such a check by modifying the plugin. It would seem that I forgot to add the non-exist check to a list of acceptable commands on kac_addcvar.

Command: You can PM me the log and details of what the command is and does. I'll look into it.
Jonzky

Post by Jonzky »

Thanks, the command is not the most important issue.

With the CVARs the main hacks/mods that are on Gmod are fairly sophisticated, they have many detours to prevent some of the checks. Before I go and start to modify the plugin does KAC have any checks that would counter-act the detours these hacks have?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Some but not all. Like I said, use COMP_NONEXIST. I'm not sure on the level of sophistication GMod hacks have.
Jonzky

Post by Jonzky »

Thanks for the reply again.

I believe this is one of the scripts that SethHack uses to prevent being detected.
//Convars
function GetConVarNumber( cvar )
if( cvar == "sv_cheats" ) then return 0 end
if( cvar == "sv_scriptenforcer" ) then return 1 end
if( cvar == "host_timescale" ) then return 1 end
if( cvar == "sv_allow_voice_from_file" ) then return 0 end
if( cvar == "r_drawothermodels" ) then return 1 end
return oGCVN( cvar )
end
It also has a script to disable the running of ConsoleCommands.

Any clue if KAC would be able to detect such things?

Edit:

After a but more looking into the SH code it seems it generates Convars such as sh_showadmins and saves them in local tables, would they be possible to detect?
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Hmm, its possible to detect if a client-side command exists (I did this with LUA Hacks).

Just set it up as a COMP_NONEXIST in the CVar module.

Also, the command KAC uses to query CVars is deep within the engine. GMod LUA script hacks shouldn't be able to interfere with that.