KAC is kicking players for unknown reason

Post your support questions here. Please search before asking a question.
aka120

KAC is kicking players for unknown reason

Post by aka120 »

Hello,
Firstly I would like to thank you for all the efforts you put into KAC, and helping us keep our servers safe.

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, or if this is some really stupid thing on my part I'm doing wrong.

I have KAC v1.2.1.6 loaded on my L4D2 server, and for some strange reason it is kicking people for command spamming(kicking me as well). I run survival mode mostly, but once in a while campaign mode, which in campaign mode it seems to happen alot more...
Here is a snippet of my KAC log:

Code: Select all

L 11/07/2010 - 23:45:47: Duke Ex (GL) (ID: STEAM_******* | IP: *******) was kicked for command spamming: choose_closedoor 
L 11/09/2010 - 23:55:08: a.k.a.¹²º (ID: STEAM_******* | IP: *******) was kicked for command spamming: choose_opendoor 
L 11/10/2010 - 21:55:50: ←þùй¡şħэя→ (ID: STEAM_******* | IP: *******) was kicked for command spamming: choose_opendoor 
L 11/10/2010 - 22:26:17: grave (ID: STEAM_******* | IP: *******) was kicked for command spamming: choose_opendoor 
L 11/11/2010 - 00:58:02: * Justin Time (GL) (ID: STEAM_******* | IP: *******) was kicked for command spamming: choose_opendoor 
L 11/11/2010 - 14:07:42: a.k.a.¹²º (ID: STEAM_******* | IP: *******) was kicked for command spamming: choose_closedoor 
L 11/11/2010 - 14:15:59: a.k.a.¹²º (ID: STEAM_******* | IP: *******) was kicked for command spamming: choose_closedoor 
I hope it's nothing I've configured wrong, the only thing I changed with KAC was the following:

// Enable the CVar checks module.
// -
// Default: "1"
kac_cvars_enable "0"
because I seem to have quite a few sourcemod plugins not compatible with kac.
Well, thanks for your time, I really appreciate it!
Kigen
Site Admin

Re: KAC is kicking players for unknown reason

Post by Kigen »

That is odd as KAC is setup by default to ignore those commands for L4D2.

if ( g_iGame == GAME_L4D || g_iGame == GAME_L4D2 )
	{
		SetTrieValue(g_hIgnoredCmds, "choose_closedoor", 	true);
		SetTrieValue(g_hIgnoredCmds, "choose_opendoor",		true);
	}
Did you modify KAC in any way or obtain it from unofficial sources?
aka120

Post by aka120 »

No, I haven't modified a thing in the plugin, and it should be the latest build that auto-updated from v1.2.1.5
Which, I don't think the previous version was doing this, or I never noticed it before.

I will completely remove KAC and install it fresh and see if the same thing occurs.
aka120

Post by aka120 »

Well a fresh install of the plugin has the same symptoms.
For now, I have to keep the commands module disabled or else it kicks players for the same reason:
command spamming: choose_opendoor
command spamming: choose_closedoor
Kigen
Site Admin

Post by Kigen »

Do you run your L4D2 server under another language (i.e, something else other than English)?

Temp fix:
Put this in your cfg file.

kac_addignorecmd choose_opendoor
kac_addignorecmd choose_closedoor
aka120

Post by aka120 »

Kigen wrote:Do you run your L4D2 server under another language (i.e, something else other than English)?

Temp fix:
Put this in your cfg file.

kac_addignorecmd choose_opendoor
kac_addignorecmd choose_closedoor
No, I don't run any other languages, just English.

Adding those commands to the cfg file seems to work. I played an entire campaign and it never kicked me. Someone joined half way in and they didn't get kicked either.

Thx for the help!